The Business Analyst is technically adept and highly interpersonal with limited experience and is responsible for requirements development and management. The BA will assist other BA's with moderate to complex projects or may individually handle assignments. BA's elicit, analyze, validate and document business, organizational and/or operational requirements based solely on the requirements of the business project. BA's create, manage, and publish departmental communications and will interact directly with the IT group as the customer. This person must be able to communicate with Developers regarding projects and requirements.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Provides assistance to the department by maintaining metrics, monitoring budgets, developing communications, and gaining increased familiarity with business areas.
- Defines and Scopes Business Projects
-Defines and documents project scopes. Gains good understanding of project reasoning, goals, and objectives. Analyses business initiative prior to determining solutions. Names and defines people, systems, departments, and outside vendors who will be involved in projects. Gains information necessary to prioritize and begin requirements gathering by defining and documenting project viewpoints, assumptions, and possible business risks. Produces a descriptive business process and organized system for maintaining project information.
- Researches & Gathers Requirements
-Gathers detailed requirements to thoroughly define projects by instinctively knowing and asking the 'right' questions to the 'right' people. Defines the difference between business need and software functionality. Assess project type, involved individuals, and volume of required information through a variety of vehicles and ensures that critical issues are adequately addressed.
- Analyzes, Documents, & Communicates Requirements
-Organizes requirements into business, functional, and technical categories. Utilizes consistent documentation format which may include textual descriptions, diagrams, and other graphical displays to clearly communicate and organize requirements in a manner understandable to technical individuals. Determines level of detail appropriate for project. Maintains current understanding of business and technical jargon and determines the most appropriate method of communication. Prepares and facilitates presentations to all associate and management levels.
- Identifies & Verify's Solutions
- Works closely with IT experts to identify solutions to design solutions. Assists in the design and testing of technical solutions, works with vendors to review and discuss products, writes or participates in the writing of RFI's and RFP's.
- Reviews proposed designs for usability and to assure requirements are satisfied.
- Reviews solutions and determines if original project objectives are met. Oversees technical and user testing. Documents and reports variances from original requirements. May assist in correcting variances.
- Supports IT Audit Process
- Assists in the annual audit process by ensuring independent auditors are provided with requested materials.
- Prepares Written Procedures
Becomes product expert by way of researching, testing, and familiarizing self with new products and/or systems. Prepares and implements detailed, organized, and user-friendly written procedures for product and/or system end users. May develop and conduct end-user training programs utilizing a variety of training vehicles.
- Facilitates inter-departmental enterprise change meetings. Determines and documents recent changes, updates test directors, and prepares and provides written reports to appropriate management.
- Improves business processes. Observes various business processes and identifies and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- Support procurement of new products or systems by conducting extensive product research and preparing detailed written reports to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in MIS, CIS, technical communications or related field required.
- Two to four years business, IT, or related experience required.
- Knowledge of: IT, general business operations; process mapping, technical and business jargon; project management practices; interviewing & facilitation techniques; basic software design and development; basic understanding of system design; and project scope documentation techniques.
- Ability to: exercise sound judgment; demonstrate flexibility and initiative; coordinate multiple activities and tasks; solve problems; display objectivity; collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; maintain confidentiality; maintain accurate and complete work records; clearly document project scopes using business terminology; categorize requirements; understand basic system development methodologies; utilize appropriate modeling techniques; facilitate meetings; conduct informal presentations; write in a clear manner; understand business problems; calculate basic cost estimates; build business cases for implementation; and apply test principles.
- Skill in: verbal and written communication; interviewing; operating office equipment; operating a personal computer and job related software; planning, scheduling, and organizing work priorities; maintaining good business relations; collaborating; working with detailed data; conflict resolution; identifying and implementing best practices; performing mathematical calculations; bringing multiple groups together to agree on project scopes and build consensus; fact-finding and asking the right questions; effective listening; note taking and documentation; and analyzing data.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.