Tough challenges? We know a thing or two about those. When you're on a mission to help people live healthier lives, the stakes couldn't be higher. As a Business Analyst Consultant, you will help rewrite the future of the health care system. You'll analyze data and deliver bold, business-savvy ideas to impact the lives of millions. Along with ground-breaking challenge, you'll have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 company. Join us.
- Analyze, review, forecast and trend complex claims and financial data, reviewing the analysis and interpretation of others' work
- Research, analyze, and evaluate key performance metrics data to identify patterns, validate accuracy and make recommendations to improve affordability metrics
- Quality test system enhancements and changes to ensure they meet the requirements and do not have unintended impacts
- Develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes to improve overall financial results
- Support short- and long-term operational/strategic business activities through analysis
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/mentor
- 3+ years of experience in business and financial analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of data storage structures as related to pulling and manipulating data and ensuring data accuracy
- Experience in analysis of business processes and workflows, and providing evaluations, benchmarks, and/or process improvement recommendation
- Intermediate experience with MS Project, MS Excel
- Experience with relational databases and/or multi-dimensional databases (ie: MS Access, Smartview, Cognos)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, MIS or related field
- Visio experience
- SQL Query experience
UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 company with all the resources you'd expect from the largest networks of physicians, hospitals, health facilities and caregivers in the United States and more than 125 other countries. Join us and be inspired to do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: business analyst, data analysis, database, Hartford, CT, Connecticut