When you're setting the pace for change, it's not only challenging, it's exhilarating. We're building new health care solutions right and left and shaping the system as we go to help millions live healthier lives. That's why we need Business Analysts who can keep up and dig deep. When you join us, you'll drive processes and improvement initiatives that have an impact on healing the health system. Sound like your kind of challenge? Join a Fortune 6, industry leader and find out how you can be a part of something life changing for millions.
- Work closely with clinical pharmacists to develop and update formularies by conducting data analysis and file management
- Prepare and maintain formulary configuration for implementation into the claims system and various databases
- Work under strict guidelines and deadlines enforced by CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) to complete formulary submissions
- Create Microsoft Office based tools to enhance efficiency and improve work processes
- Ensure accuracy of data, analysis, and reports by conducting cross-reference validations
- Create and maintain work instructions for current and new business processes
- Assist in preparing marketing materials
- Act as point of contact for internal and client inquiries
- Act as a resource for the team and is able to work with minimal guidance and supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships in a team environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as needed and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field and 2+ years of relevant work experience including data research, analyses and managing multiple priorities in a fast paced business environment with strict guidelines requiring high accuracy; OR 6+ years of relevant work experience in such an environment
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency of Excel, including formulas and creating/enhancing tools and modules
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience identifying and troubleshooting issues in an environment where strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration/Management
- Pharmacy claims experience
- Medicare Part D experience
- Microsoft Access
- PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management) or healthcare background
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: rxclaim, pbm, pharmacy, pharmacy analyst, formulary analyst, pbm analyst, Irvine, CA, California