Tough challenges? We know a thing or two about those. When you're on a mission to help people live healthier lives, the stakes couldn't be higher. As a Business Analyst, you will help rewrite the future of the health care system. You'll analyze data and deliver bold, business - savvy ideas to impact the lives of millions. Along with ground - breaking challenge, you'll have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 company. Join us.
- Design and build recommended business and operations solutions and process improvement through analysis of regulatory requirements and implementation of proposed designs using agile and other methodologies
- Understanding, interpreting and developing product business models, including value propositions and desired business benefits
- Conduct business, functional, technical, and data analysis to define product requirements for all aspects of healthcare applications including data schema definition, data verification, data quality, data load, analytics rule interpretation and implementation, UAT and testing
- Proficient with Quality rules specifically HEDIS specs, and have the ability to convert requirements into technical specs. Actively work with engineering teams for measures development
- Act as a SME during planning, testing, and certification phases
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in healthcare analytics, management, statistics or a related field
- 5+ years demonstrable experience working with quality measures (HEDIS) – designing, translating, testing and certifying
- Proven analytic skills, troubleshooting issues, and providing recommendations to upper management
- Working with cross - functional teams and the ability to bridge gaps in understanding, and moving the team towards a common delivery
- SQL skills, understanding relational databases and data structures within healthcare setting
- Previous experience working with a Certified Quality Engine running HEDIS and other quality measures
- Exposure to Big Data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a concise and clear manner
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Analyst, HEDIS, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, MN