This job is responsible for learning and understanding the systems, legal requirements and business processes used by the Cost Plus and Bed Bath buying and planning areas in order to define, test and implement To-Be system integrations and enhancements that will result in lasting efficiencies and company/business unit objectives being achieved while furthering IT’s value as a business enabler and partner.
This position has a visible role, involved in cross-functional and cross-company relationship building, and working with every level of business and IT staff. In addition, the employee is a valued and trusted subject matter expert regarding CPWM merchandising and inventory management applications and business needs, and provides timely day to day application support and administration.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather, understand and prioritize requirements based on end user facilitation and analysis of business processes and database data.
- Be able to identify and explain which requirements achieve maximum business benefits.
- Be an active part of the team in developing innovative, creative yet practical approaches to requirements.
- Document functional specifications for enhancements and new systems, allowing traceability back to testing and allowing future use of the documents for support.
- Develop test cases and execute them.
- Coordinate/lead user testing, training and roll-out.
- Write user help documentation.
- Perform system analysis independently or by collaborating with developers and other IT peers to understand applications and if an issue, determine if it is user or system based; follow-up with solution and/or escalate appropriately.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to complete deliverables and resolve issues timely.
- 5+ years of information technology and/or business experience related to merchandising or vendor to store supply chain processes.
- Proficient in Excel (formulas and vba preferred), Word, PowerPoint. Access/SQL and Visio useful.
- Strong attention to detail, superior follow-up, pro-active and results oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion written and orally to technical and non-technical audiences, regardless of level.
- Naturally wears “company hat”, works independently yet continuously exhibits team spirit, and demonstrates flexibility, creativity and common-sense.
- Show strong customer support initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.