This role will introduce you to H&R Block core systems and processes around creating and managing tax preparation software development. You will work closely with the H&R Block team responsible for building the next generation tax engine. Document requirements and processes contributing to an enhanced work operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the product owner, architects and developers to identify and define technical requirements
- Facilitate requirement and design sessions for smaller to medium scope projects and participate in the requirement and design sessions for large scope projects
- Develop subject matter expertise with the functionalities and use cases pertaining to the assigned system
- Use in-depth understanding of system to write user stories in support of system functionality and features
- Develop process flows, system flows, and data models using modeling and process tools
- Prioritize system and data functionality requirements based on user needs and project constraints
- Maintain the product backlog by ensuring user stories have a complete description, acceptance criteria, and test cases
- Work with users and technical team to produce project charters, scope documents and conceptual design documents
- Work with team members located across different time zones (onshore/offshore resources)
- Develop and conduct user training on system(s) functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business Management, Systems Development, or related area or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Tax knowledge or experience is helpful.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills for capturing requirements
- Knowledge of the systems development lifecycle in agile project environment
- Exposure to client/server and/or web development is preferred
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Experience using software applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio
- Experience using Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) systems for requirements management is preferred