Bed Bath & Beyond’s Item Management Team strives to create a world-class customer experience across all channels of Bed Bath & Beyond. By focusing on the customer first and creating an environment that stresses entrepreneurship, ownership and innovation, the team creates engaging experiences that build customer loyalty and drive revenue growth.
Bed Bath & Beyond is seeking a Business Analyst within the Item Management team to focus on developing and executing our in-store operations processes and systems, by bringing organization and teamwork skills with an unyielding focus on the customer experience.
As a Business Analyst in the Item Management team, you should be able to:
- Partner with the merchants, product managers, technology teams and other business stakeholders to ensure that features are properly defined, documented, planned, executed, and verified across all channels and banners using the Product Data Management system.
- Collaborate with key business and technology partners to generate ideas and execute key initiatives, owning timeline and holding stakeholders accountable to dates and results.
- Collaborate with key business and technology partners to define and implement process improvements that will save manual work, reduce quality issues, and enhance the customer experience.
- Own specific functional areas which would require creating and tracking project plans, managing issues and risks, managing teams indirectly and directly, and creating succinct status reports.
- Actively identify business opportunities, diagnose problems, identify risks, and drive issues to resolution.
- Properly challenge established processes through review of business and functional requirements documents to ensure that products and features adhere to our vision and will deliver the expected quality and value.
- Possess excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to set and meet deadlines as well as provide direction and appropriate feedback.
Required Skills or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with IT, business, computer science or technical focus preferred.
- 3+ years of Business Analyst experience preferably in Master Data Management/Product Information Management or Ecommerce.
- Proficient in SQL query writing.
- Proficient in MS Office, including MS Project, Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of XML and/or computer programming.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in team environment
- Able to communicate with technical and nontechnical people.
- Experience in Visio or other process flow tool.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.