You are a thought leader who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges. As a critical member of the OptumInsight Risk Services Group, you will help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group. Here, your analytical and innovative skills will help us with our mission of helping people live healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. And we need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel that mission. Are you ready to translate business needs into solutions and deliver bold, business-savvy ideas to impact the lives of millions?
The Business Analyst Consultant, Risk Services is a critical position in the department that will focus effective, compliant product development of medical record management feature functionality for Medicare Advantage and Affordable Care Act risk adjustment administration.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Elicit business requirements from stakeholders; document business requirements; identify problems that need to be solved; understand stakeholder pain points, what keeps them up at night, and any roadblocks to growth
- Write process flows, swim lane diagrams and solution context documents
- Work with User Experience team to do wireframes/mockups
- Write user stories in Rally, work with development team to get stories defined, participate in sprint planning, give demo to stakeholders in stage environment, UAT
- Work with systems analysts to define solutions
- Data work: Define file layouts; understand upstream/downstream impacts to data flow
- Training: Do training sessions with end users (via WebEx); work with Documentation team to write task-based training guides
- Understand data privacy and government regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare or other related field; or HS Diploma/GED plus 3+ years equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a Business Analyst role
- 5+ years product development experience
- Must have some technical skills, (Functional experience with SDLC and Data driven work flow)
- Prefer experience with Agile methodology
- Prefer experience with health care risk adjustment and/or compliance; Medicare Advantage, Medicaid and Commercial Exchanges
- Previous Project Management experience
- Previous experience working with an operations team
- Previous experience serving as a leader of a project or team
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (especially Excel and Visio)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to drive consensus with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work well within a team that has many remote team members
- Proven attention to detail and high level of organization and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong adherence to timelines and deadlines
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 company with all the resources you'd expect from the largest networks of physicians, hospitals, health facilities and caregivers in the United States and more than 125 other countries. Join us and be inspired to do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Analyst, Product developer, telecommute, remote, work from home, telecommuter, work at home