Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Are you the kind of person who has no patience for jargon? Because we say what we mean in clear and concise language here. When the health of millions is on the line, we can't wait for translations. We're looking for Data Analysts who can see past the number crunching and find the conclusions that will drive business decisions.
We share a near obsessive desire to outperform and outdo our own achievements across our entire global business landscape. It’s going to take all you’ve got to create valuable solutions to improve the health care system.
- Interpret / analyze business requirements and functional specifications - Participate in and/or Create template
- Analyze, review, forecast and trend complex data, reviewing the analysis and interpretation of others’ work
- Develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Ability to use and create Pivot tables, V-Lookup and References, which will be used in forecasting and modeling to solve complex business processes and outcomes
- Support short- and long-term operational / strategic business activities through analysis
- Develop and prepare reports relating to the performance of products, processes and technologies
- Ability to analyze results of data and provide summary of trends, implication, headwinds and areas requiring operational resolution
- Demonstrate ability to communicate information and recommendations to business leadership
- Ability to build relationships and partner across matrixed teams to achieve business goal
*** ENGLISH PROFICIENT ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION ***
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Computer Science or related matter
- 3+ years’ of advanced experience working with Microsoft Excel (Pivots, Lookups, References, Formula etc.) / VBA (macros)
- 3+ years’ of advanced experience working with Microsoft PowerPoint
- 2+ years of experience with Access, SSIS, SSRS, Tableau and Power BI
- 2+ years of experience analyzing multiple sets of data and presenting it in a meaningful format
- 1+ year of experience in business, operational excellence, finance forecasting and analysis
- 1+ year of experience in SQL Database and Mini-tab
- English Proficiency
- Good verbal and written English communication
- Forecasting and Planning Skills
- Project Management
- Exposure to Six Sigma / Lean Sigma methodologies
- Ability to work independently and adherence to deadlines
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: analysis, data analysis, business analysis, senior business analysis, senior data analysis, business forecast, reporting analyst San Juan, Puerto Rico