Shift : Mon - Fri ; 8am - 2pm
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Business Analyst to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Business Analyst plays an intricate part in providing analytical expertise for the revenue cycle management process while identifying work flow issues and providing solutions. With sharp attention to detail, the analyst would discern client problems and communicate and escalate root cause issues to appropriate parties. The Business Analyst must be able to proactively monitor daily work flow and data while adhering to R1’s key revenue performance and quality metrics across multiple hospital systems. This role will report directly to an R1 Revenue Cycle Manager within assigned department.
Opportunity to work remote, home office will be based out of Indianapolis, IN.
6 weeks of onsite training in Indianapolis.
Your day to day role will include:
The HIM Business System Analyst is responsible for overall management and support of Health Information Management (HIM)-Coding systems including implementation planning, upgrading, monitoring and maintenance This position is also responsible for collaborating with other departments to ensure acceptable implementation of any new or re-newed systems. The HIM Business System Analyst may often be required to generate reports and or to assist with generating reports.
Gathers and complies data in a systematic fashion and prepares excel analysis leverage Vlookups and pivot tables.
Interprets complex data set sand creates data analyses to drive desired results.
Continuously detects and resolves data defects while creating solutions to prevent future defects.
Responds to ad-hoc requests and develops solutions in a timely manner.
Completes report consolidation and automation and prepares various reporting packages.
Serves as a liaison for training and subject matter expertise on the utilization of R1RCM work flow technologies.Performs evaluation, design, testing, implementation, upgrades, support and maintenance of HIM-Coding applications.
Evaluates and assists in the selection of proposed new technology, products and system updates.
Develop, maintain and monitor HIM-Coding computer systems/environment for HIM-Coding department applications
Participates on teams, committees, special projects both internally and externally related to HIM-Coding departmental or facility related systems and services.
Serves as the primary resource for HIM-Coding applications to support end-users and veSupports Coding Database Systems and Interfaces.Monitor
Billing Interfaces and Rejections
Monitor ADT Interfaces
Monitor SMART import Status
Coordinate HDM system updates with AIS
Maintain quarterly and annual financial data for coding/DRG calculations.
Run Monthly, Weekly, and Daily reports
Compile deficiency reports
Monitor Data Integrity
Ad hoc reportsndors.
Coordinate and perform the technical functions related to systems utilized by HIM-Coding.
Other duties as assigned.
- An Associates Degree is required.
- RHIT, RHIA preferred - Coding Certification and/or Credential in required
- Experience in an analytical environment and evidence of organization skills.
- Exemplary problem solving abilities and practical analytical competency to identify trends using data.
- Advanced computer knowledge, including Excel spreadsheets, pivot tables and Microsoft Office products.
- Outstanding time management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks while remaining self-directed.
- SQL Data configuration and reporting.
It would be great if you also have:
- Facility revenue cycle experience.
- Has basic understanding of contract reimbursement.
- Has understanding of hospital claims and billing.
- Understands healthcare revenue cycle code sets: CPT, HCPC, ICD9, Service location and revenue code.
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.