UnitedHealthcare is focused on delivering best in class services to our stakeholders. Key to our success are operational and financial capabilities that support service delivery. As a Business Architect, you will work across multiple lines of business to evolve our capabilities and design solutions that help the enterprise achieve its strategic goals. You will be accountable for leading and collaborating across functional teams for acceptance and alignment with overall enterprise business strategies and technology initiatives.
In this role, the Business Architect will collaborate with business and technical partners to develop and end-to-end view of our contact center service goals and technical capabilities in order to drive new strategies for enhancing our ability to provide best in class service to our constituents. Deliverables will include high level requirements, designs, and diagrams articulating our contact center service vision.
- Working with business stakeholders to capture and maintain business architecture information and cohesive models, including capabilities, business functions, information usage, and technology support
- Analyzing business information (e.g. process, metrics, analytics) to identify key issues and trends
- Aligning business architectural guiding principles, best practices, and solutions patterns with business strategies and architecture roadmaps.
- Eliciting business needs and building a trusted advisor relationship with business leaders to provide coaching and guidance on roadmap options based on UHC strategy, industry trends and customer expectations
- Serving as an integral member of a team that helps develop a consolidated business roadmap to ensure that business priorities and interdependencies are effectively aligned. Facilitating capability prioritization activities through examination of opportunity costs, benefits, duration and other prerequisites
- Conducting architecture assessments during business ideation, planning and prioritization
- Providing in depth business architectural support during program/project solution analysis
- Supporting the development of enterprise architecture best practices, standards and frameworks
- Responsible for partnering or influencing business leadership without direct authority
- Engages in business analysis and design for contact routing, personalization, omni channel, and self-service analysis and design
- Analyzes and defines business and agent desktop requirements, which evolve over time into an enterprise framework to form a single holistic set of omni channel business capabilities
- Defines and maintains best practice guidelines, standards, and architectural patterns for contact center capabilities ensuring repeatable, sustainable business solutions
- Undergraduate degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of overall business and/or technology planning, analysis and/or architecture experience
- 3+ years of business process improvement based on quality management principles and lean/ six sigma methodologies
- 3+ years of experience development and delivery of strategic communications to diverse audiences (executive level and below) e.g. Collection of content, refinement of message, creation of delivery material, presentation)
- 3+ years of experience mentoring others and negotiating with business or technology professionals
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare industry
- Demonstrated ability to understand audience and effectively and professionally present information tailored to the audience, communicate messages succinctly, and communicates to staff in an organized, authentic, and solutions-oriented manner.
- Proven ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies (which may exist in role alignment, process gaps and overlaps, and/or business capability maturity gaps)
- Knowledge of existing and emerging contact center technologies and channel applications (e.g. custom routing, IVR, chat, SMS, email, co-browse, chat-bots, speech across channels)
- Ability to travel at least 25% nationwide
- Business and/or Technical experience in real-time communications systems, integrated third party applications, custom applications and architecture practices for large enterprise contact centers
- Experience in contact analytics, big data technologies and/or data modeling practices
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.