At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo’s Corporate Policy Office supports policy development and communication across the company. This Business Communications Consultant 5 (BCC5) will take on assignments with the greatest complexity and serve as a thought leader across the team in the development and delivery of effective documentation.
The BCC5 will support policy development and communication activities in collaboration with corporate and business risk managers accountable for Wells Fargo policies.
Specifically, the BCC5 is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Collaborating with policy management teams and providing consultation throughout policy development, review, and approval to ensure the policy and related documents clearly define expectations and requirements and that implementation instructions are clear and actionable
- Writing and editing policy and procedures documents to comply with stringent content standards, focusing only on requirements, and removing and organizing supporting information in other reference documents
- Negotiating with policy management teams to gain their buy in and partnership in the change process
- Ensuring that policy documents align with common standards for communicating risk management concepts and practices, that concepts are consistent across policies where possible, and that documents meet Wells Fargo brand and communication standards
- Advising policy management teams on communication strategies to support policy review and implementation
- Supporting policy management teams in analyzing policy feedback throughout the review and implementation process and recommending ways to incorporate changes into the policy and related documentation
- Working with policy management teams to migrate content to the Policy Management System, publish in the Policy Library, and help to maintain thereafter
- Maintaining the Policy Status Report to inform risk and business managers of pending policy changes and implementation plans
- Creating presentations and other communication materials, as requested, to support policy management initiatives
Preferred locations include Minneapolis, MN, Charlotte, NC. Phoenix, AZ. and Des Moines, IA.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells FargoRequired Qualifications
- 8+ years of communications experience
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- BS/BA or higher in English, journalism, professional writing, creative writing, education, or communications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience applying Wells Fargo Style Guide and brand standards
- Experience writing and editing internal communications and training-related materials in a corporate environment or financial institution
- Knowledge and understanding of writing, editing, coordinating, and publishing sensitive documentation
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Deep, complex information copy-editing experience; parsing out critical information and removing background, unneeded copy
- Previous policy communication experience
- Proficiency in applying commonly used communication style guides such as the Chicago Manual of Style, AP Stylebook, and the Gregg Reference Manual
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.