Great sales are the
result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your
product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly
improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's
The Business Development Manager will identify and develop potential business opportunities and sales opportunity for potential DSNP prospects within various community settings, as applicable to the market. The primary focus of this position is to develop and execute marketing strategies for growth and retention. The position is also responsible for providing assistance with special field sales projects and educational efforts as directed by management. This position is accountable for market membership goals for growth, retention and improved brand awareness.
The Business Development Manager establishes and cultivates strategic business relationships with key sales and market influencers, potential new customers, and related community institutions. They create and present health plan information to providers, business advocacies and potential eligibles, but are not responsible for closing sales. They work closely with internal and external constituencies to translate business development concepts into specific initiatives, marketing/outreach projects, and selling activities. Assists in market strategy and planning. Key Success factors will be development of new sales accounts, managing key accounts, and driving lead generation activities in assigned territory.
- Collaborate with sales management to develop and implement member acquisition strategies that produce positive outcomes, notably lead generation
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding targeted growth, retention, and enrollment expectations throughout plan’s service area
- Ensure compliance with state and municipal laws, rules, and guidelines for marketing and outreach.
- Responsible to adhere to the current CMS Marketing Guidelines.
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Gain alignment/commitment with business leaders on marketing strategies/initiatives
- Collaborate with Sales Agents and Agent Managers to understand their needs
- Driven and enthusiastic, comfortable at working with executive and line staff
- Sought out as expert, knowledge source
- Serves as a leader/ mentor
- May also manage team of outreach representatives.
- Experience developing market research information and market strategies for Sales team
- Experience developing relationships with Community Based Organizations, Faith Based Organizations, Providers, etc.
- Experience in a deadline driven environment; meeting or exceeding sales promotion/marketing targets
- Experience driving and influencing internal and external relationships
- Proven experience in market and business development
- Prior community outreach and advocacy experience
- Understanding of elderly services and programming
- Some evenings or weekends may be required for events
- Must have the ability to travel 75% of the time
- Ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Accident and Health insurance license for the State of Massachusetts required or the ability to pass the exam within 60 days.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience managing a team
- Driven, self-starter and disciplined
- Account Management experience
- Understanding the healthcare industry
UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us.
It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly
talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low
income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular
disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic,
outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and
environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and
government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who
need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Developer (Senior Care Options), Boston, MA, Massachusetts