Whelan Security is a performance-based company that cares deeply about maintaining our conservative business culture. The BDM is responsible for new sales by prospecting for new clients through networking and cold calling. The BDM is also responsible for qualifying and adding new prospects to the database on a regular basis. Once prospects are qualified, the BDM will lead account planning and generate proposals, pricing and presentations. Once contract is sold, the BDM will help to manage the transition process and maintain an open line of communication with the client for future rate increase discussions. The BDM is expected to build upon a culture of employee engagement and set the example for all employees in the branch of servant leadership and personal commitment to the Whelan Values.
Performance Metrics: The BDM is expected to achieve the following metrics within Whelan’s performance-based business environment:
- Year over year growth in revenue in the branch
- Personally sell new accounts in the branch to meet/exceed budgeted sales goals
- Become proficient in all company database software
- Add at least five new qualified prospects to database each month
- Meet with a minimum of five prospects each week
- Generate a minimum of three proposals each month
- Close a minimum of one new contract per month (after training period)
- 100% compliance to the Whelan Mandatory Requirements
- Lead by example of living up to the Whelan Values
- A college degree Bachelor’s or greater is preferred although equivalent experience will be considered
Be Supported: Whelan employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including major medical insurance, supplemental benefits (including dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance, and legal assistance plans), 401(k) retirement plan, employee assistance program, prescription discount cards, paid vacations, and more!
Be Challenged: Our extensive training program and career progression opportunities create an environment where employees can thrive, succeed, and enhance their careers.
Be Rewarded: We are proud to acknowledge and reward exceptional employees who make a difference to customers, the team, and the organization through our comprehensive Employee Recognition Program.
Be Valued: We are more than a team – we are a family! The distinctive culture of our family business sets us apart from every other contract security company in the industry.