At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wholesale Group Risk Office (WGRO) Tax Program has been created to focus on an efficient and effective customer information tax reporting function to support the Wholesale lines of business and its clients. WGRO Tax Program has positioned Wholesale to keep pace with business demands and regulatory changes, and to minimize U.S. and Global tax compliance risk as it relates to our customer information tax reporting obligations.
This Business Initiatives Consultant 2 position is to help Wholesale meet its regulatory requirements related to building of Tax Center of Excellence and providing support to line of business, including:
- Providing line of business support in reviewing designs and evaluating new solutions with tax impacts.
- Partnering with PMO, stakeholders in the COE, stakeholders in the line of business to ensure there is a consistent approach.
- Provide support to line of business to onboard and integrate into the COE.
- Providing specialized, in-depth technical expertise and consultation to business and systems management.
- Partnering closely with business leaders to ensure that they understand and implement requirements for achieving business tax objectives.
- Working collaboratively with teams of tax, operations, system professionals and consultants.
- Partnering with the Enterprise Group Risk Office and the Wholesale lines of business to improve the risk management function related to customer information tax reporting.
- Identifying tax risks and planning opportunities from knowledge of the businesses and the tax attributes.
- Making timely and sound decisions often under conditions of uncertainty with minimal oversight.
- Leading process improvement analysis with the goal of creating processes that allow the line of business to integrate with the Tax Center of Excellence.
- Identifying risk factors and establishes/implements appropriate controls.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to partner with other business groups to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to identify business and system issues and form conclusions about alternatives.
- Ability to work individually and within a team
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.