At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Human Resources develops and implements people strategies to support Wells Fargo’s business objectives. This group manages compensation and benefits, human resource service centers, systems and payroll, finance, team member relations and assistance, talent management, learning and development, and recruiting. We work together as One HR to make Wells Fargo an employer of choice, where people are our competitive advantage. Our operating foundation is based on our ability to operate efficiently, develop HR team members, strengthen controls, and scale technology infrastructure.
About the department:
This position reports to the Head of Global HR Policy and is a member of an expert team responsible for enterprise policy and process development, governance, implementation, and communication. The Global HR Policy Consultant leads cross-functional project teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of policies and initiatives, as well as supports processes, tools, and training. This role leads the creation of in-country HR policy documents (e.g., Team Member Handbooks), oversight of policy management standards and governance, and supports development of HR policies and programs across the Wells Fargo global footprint. The primary focus for this role is our EGS (Enterprise Global Services) work locations in India and the Philippines.
• Maintain a deep understanding of HR policies and practices globally, and specifically for India and the Philippines, in the context of enterprise strategies, initiatives and priorities.
• Design, develop, and implement country-specific HR policies and procedures, including updating and maintaining the EGS Team Member Handbooks.
• Partner with the Corporate Policy Office, Risk and Compliance, HR Consulting teams Legal and HR COEs to ensure compliance with the Policy Management Policy during the development, review, approval, and publishing process for country and COE-specific policies and standards, and provide credible challenge as appropriate.
• Develop supporting resources, processes, and controls to ensure effective implementation and oversight of policies and programs. Analyze and respond to policy requests and provide subject matter policy expertise, including consultation on policy application, interpretation, and risk mitigation.
• Utilize internal and external benchmarking information and research, and analyze data to make strategic assessments and recommendations.
• Represent and/or lead HR policy on various functional and enterprise project teams.
• Conduct internal and external benchmarking and research and analyze data to make strategic assessments and recommendations.
The location of this position is flexible across the Wells Fargo footprint.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to think strategically, implement, and deliver business objectives
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage complex projects in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- 3+ year’s demonstrated and relevant experience in the areas of Human Resources, Employee Relations, Risk and Compliance or Corporate Policy
- International Human Resources knowledge and experience, preferably with responsibility for India and/or the Philippines
- Knowledge and understanding of human resources policies and processes
- An understanding of the Policy Management System as a policy contact, development team member, or reviewer of other policies and standards
- Familiarity with corporate policy management requirements
- Ability to identify risk factors and ensure enactment of appropriate controls
- Experience with policy application, interpretation, and consultation experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to travel internationally
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.