At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Community Banking operates one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country, serving customers through approximately 6,000 branches and 13,000 ATMs in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Our group includes Business Strategy and Administration; Customer and Branch Experience; Customer Remediation Office; Distribution Strategy Group; Regional Banking; Regional Services; and Customer Segments, and serves mass market, affluent, and small business customers. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers and providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams.
In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
Lead cross functional, virtual teams to deliver the entire range of project life cycle deliverables, including business requirements, systems design solutions, project budgets and funding, work plans & schedules, coding and QA testing, production installs and validation checkouts. Types of initiatives include operational, financial, process improvement, change management, hardware certifications, systems integration and program oversight.
Requires the ability to:
- Resolve complex technical issues
- Work with developers and project proponents to devise, define, and document innovative solutions
- Engage with five to eight projects at a time
- Engage with large projects having budgets exceeding $1,000,000 and over one year in duration
- Participate in the entire project life cycle from start to finish
- Lead project teams of up to 21 participants and run team meetings effectively
- Provide project deliverables and meet project milestones
- Work independently with a minimum of supervision
Manage activities for medium to large sized software development projects, or parts of larger projects, from initiation to delivery. Projects may cross platforms, applications, and business lines. Collaborate with business partners to develop technology concepts, requirements, design alternatives, project schedules, and project budgets. Monitor project status compared to cost/time projections. Provide consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, cost analyses, issue tracking, and communications. Act as an internal consultant to re-engineer technical processes for greater efficiency. Work may be done under the direction of a more senior business implementation consultant. Reports to a Business Support Manager in the Community Bank Strategy & Admin organization.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined WF. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Secure SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies experience
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to gather business requirements and create technical solutions
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile
- Knowledge and understanding of desktop and Windows server operating systems
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: managing projects from beginning to end; that vary in scope and complexity
- Intermediate Microsoft Project skills
- Relational database experience
- 6+ years of technical project management experience
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.