At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our 10 major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Insurance, Wells Fargo Securities, and Principal Investments. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within the Wholesale Banking group of Wells Fargo supporting the Wholesale businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across Wholesale. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The Wholesale Control organization has a new opportunity for a Business Initiatives Consultant 2 (BIC2) to join the Conduct Risk Control Strategy & Transformation team responsible for supporting risk strategy and implementation of Wholesale-wide conduct risk initiatives promoting consistency, efficiency, and sustainability of processes to meet regulatory, enterprise, and group risk expectations.
Most immediately, the BIC2 will work as part of the Conduct Risk Control Strategy & Transformation team and in partnership with key partners across the enterprise to support the development and implementation of a Wholesale sales practices risk assessment framework and a comprehensive data model to enhance the sales practices risk management program. This role will be highly visible, demanding, rewarding, and will provide an individual the opportunity to help transform Wholesale conduct risk culture as an integral element of our business model and practices.
- Support risk strategy, design, plan development and implementation of a Wholesale sales practices Data Model and Risk Assessment framework in partnership with key risk partners
- Partner with data and analytics managers to develop and implement risk metrics and key risk indicators to identify, monitor and report sales practices risk
- Engage key risk partners to develop and/or leverage a sales practices risk assessment framework
- Consult with the business to ensure business needs are understood and supported appropriately
- Encourage sustainable business-level process improvements by helping to manage change management activities, stakeholder trainings, and communications in collaboration with Wholesale support teams
- Provide consistent status updates and management reporting on implementation plan, activities, and achievements
- Provide support to other Sales Practices and Conduct Risk activities as needed
Locations: Charlotte, Minneapolis, or San Francisco are preferred however other locations within Wells Fargo hubs may be considered.
If applying through LinkedIn, use #WFRiskJob
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- A Master's degree or higher
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and present organizational metrics that drive business decisions
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Operational risk, conduct risk or compliance domain experience
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Good analytical skills including strategically analyzing data and diagnosing opportunities/interventions
- 3+ years of experience within one or more of the following functional areas: Management Consulting, Business Initiatives, Risk Management, Operational Risk, Compliance, Audit
- Financial services industry experience at a full-service financial institution with domestic and international operations with exposure to Wholesale Banking or similar experience
- Understanding of developing and usage of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and other metrics to drive business results
- Experience with data analysis, reporting and risk assessment frameworks
- Proven ability to draw insights and conclusions from data originating from multiple sources and of various quality levels and to tie those insights into a cohesive story/executive presentation
- Experience in working in matrixed environment to support broad implementation models and needs
- Ability to connect partners across the organization to bring appropriate engagement to support overall efforts
- Results-oriented and resourceful team member, capable of quickly taking control of responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to clearly and concisely articulate approach and execution models to support programs
- Experience with Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process.
- Experience in effectively navigating and influencing a large and complex organization
- Acts with courage, ethics and integrity, and provides appropriate credible challenge
- Sales Practices and Conduct Risk experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.