The Market and Counterparty Risk Management (MCRM) organization within Corporate Credit & Market Risk is responsible for ensuring an appropriate Risk Management frameworks exist for products offered by the primary trading and lending desks, with particular emphasis on Counterparty Credit Risk and Market Risk. A Risk Management framework includes the identification, measurement, approval, pricing, aggregation and reporting of counterparty credit risk and market risk.
Business Management Team
Focused on delivering strategic and tactical support to both the Head of MCRM as well as MCRM senior leaders through complex functional projects, presentations, issue management, reporting, and overall team member engagement.
MCRM Business Management Team is seeking a results-driven individual with the desire to make a meaningfully impact across the organization by significantly contributing to the achievement of the group’s strategic goals and objectives. A successful candidate will have previous Business Management, Issues Management, Capital Markets/Institutional Traded Products, and Counterparty/Market Risk experience, but strong experience managing multiple priorities, understanding impact from governing teams and policies, and sense of urgency will also help candidacy. Your value added capabilities to challenge others to think/act more critically and strategically will organically drive successful outcomes. This candidate will maintain a strong sense of self-reliance and resilience to bring tasks to completion.
The individual selected for the position will work closely with the MCRM Sr. Business Manager and the Chief Operating Officer. He/She will drive coordination & execution of the MCRM initiatives, serve as the primary contact when needed, and act as the main liaison to our business partner groups. The role will require excellent communication skills with the ability to influence partners across business lines and functional areas, and provide exceptional presentations during regular updates to executive management and other stakeholders. The Business Consultant will be highly visible, demanding, rewarding and provide an individual the opportunity to dramatically improve process gaps and establish BAU routines.
A key success factor for this role is the ability to distill and present complex concepts that impact MCRM in a simplified manner which includes the development and delivery of presentations, status reports, within management-level meetings, etc.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead and facilitate the planning and execution of key programs, both short term and long term, as well as critical tasks that impact any aspect of MCRM
- Establish frequent touchpoints with MCRM leadership to stay abreast of any items that impact our group
- Establish frequent touchpoints with other IRM teams to understand and anticipate impacts to MCRM
- Support MCRM leaders through content creation for presentations and/or analysis related to MCRM, itself, as well as the lines of business that are covered by MCRM
- Act as liaison to various teams such as Access Management, Finance, Compliance, Technology, HR, Recruiting, Ops Risk
- Escalate/resolve issues, dependencies, etc. that might impact deadlines to keep senior management continuously aware
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to manage complex initiatives
- Prior experience in a business management function in either Corporate Risk or Wells Fargo Securities
- History of building business as usual routines derived from adhoc requests
- 4+ years of Capital Markets and/or Counterparty/Market Risk experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.