At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Market and Counterparty Risk Management (MCRM) organization within Corporate Credit & Market Risk is responsible for ensuring an appropriate Risk Management frameworks exist for products offered by the primary trading and lending desks, with particular emphasis on Counterparty Credit Risk and Market Risk. A Risk Management framework includes the identification, measurement, approval, pricing, aggregation and reporting of counterparty credit risk and market risk.
Business Management Team
Focused on delivering strategic and tactical support to both the Head of MCRM as well as MCRM senior leaders through complex functional projects, presentations, issue management, reporting, and overall team member engagement.
MCRM Business Management Team is seeking a results-driven individual with the desire to make a meaningfully impact across the organization by significantly contributing to the achievement of the group’s strategic goals and objectives. A successful candidate will have previous Business Management, Issues Management, Capital Markets/Institutional Traded Products, and Counterparty/Market Risk experience preferred, but strong experience managing multiple priorities, understanding impact from governing teams and policies, and sense of urgency will also help candidacy. Your value added capabilities to challenge others to think/act more critically and strategically will organically drive successful outcomes. This candidate will maintain a strong sense of self-reliance and resilience to bring tasks to completion.
The individual selected for the position will work closely with the MCRM Sr. Business Manager, the MCRM Issues Management team, Front Line Exam/Audit Coordinators, Internal Audit and the groups’ regulatory examiners. He/She will drive coordination & execution of the MCRM Audits and Exams, serve as the primary contact when needed, and act as the main liaison for cross functional collaborative efforts. The role will require excellent communication skills with the ability to influence partners across business lines and functional areas, and provide experience providing exceptional presentations during regular updates to executive management and other stakeholders. The Regulatory and Internal Audit Coordination Lead will be highly visible, demanding, rewarding and provide an individual the opportunity to dramatically improve process gaps and establish BAU routines.
A key success factor for this role is the ability to distill and present complex concepts that impact MCRM in a simplified manner which includes the development and delivery of presentations, status reports, within management-level meetings, etc.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop/enhance best practice Audit and Regulatory preparation routines that enhance the group’s capabilities of executing on requests by inserting well thought out and time managed planning concepts
- Lead and facilitate the planning and execution of any MCRM audit/exams
- Keep senior leadership abreast of trends through the development of reporting and established touchpoints with various stakeholders
- Focus on WFAS Audit, reporting, and relationship management
- Focus on Regulatory Exam, reporting, and relationship management
- Interface with other Independent Risk Management teams that have mandates related to MCRM
- General support across MCRM for audit/agency requirements not owned by MCRM (ex. WFS)
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to manage complex initiatives
- Prior experience in a business management or examiner/auditor liaison function in either Corporate Risk or Wells Fargo Securities
- Understanding of Issues Management Policy and other policies that impact IRM groups
- Vast experience with interfacing with regulatory agencies and internal auditors including how to lead an exam/audit from planning, fieldwork, requests, and post mortem review
- History of building business as usual routines derived from adhoc requests
- 4+ years of Capital Markets and/or Counterparty/Market Risk experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.