At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Cards & Retail Services team helps customers achieve their financial dreams by providing a variety of products across the credit spectrum. We deliver industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo. Our customers all have unique goals and dreams - whether preparing for a home improvement project, shopping for a new sofa or kitchen table or meeting healthcare and dental needs. Others just want a financial tool that allows them to make everyday purchases while earning rewards. Our team works together with groups across the company, including the bankers in our 6,200 banking stores, to provide financing in the form of general-purpose cards, co-branded cards and private-label and industry cards. Our team is 6,700 strong, working in communities across the nation, and focused on doing our very best to help our customers succeed financially.
The Business Initiatives Consultant 3 will be responsible for leading the Payment Key Management and Authorization process for the Credit Card business.
Responsibilities include: strategizing, planning and executing recommendations made to mitigate risk among key management practices at Wells Fargo and processor, including rotation of payment keys and other opportunities to advance our security within key management.
This role will be responsible for ensuring key management policy adheres to Corporate policy and will lead efforts and partner with Info Security as needed to create key policies; monitor industry standards (EMVCo, NIST, etc) to ensure ongoing alignment with industry capabilities, limitations and best practices; manage key management roadmap, engage Product Managers when new products have key related items (i.e. chip development, 3DS, wallets, etc.).
The successful candidate will be the internal Subject Matter Expert (SME) for payment keys and will be responsible for providing leadership, strategic thought leadership, internal education and consulting to the lines of business. Additionally, this role will manage and maintain inventory, develop SOPs and reporting for detecting suspicious key related incidents, and advocate with the industry on behalf of Wells Fargo on payment keys.
** Concord, CA; Wilmington, DE; West Des Moines, IA; Charlotte, NC are preferred locations; however, consideration will be given to candidates across the Wells Fargo footprint.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Experience on the Issuing side of the payments industry
- Understanding of the EMV authorization process
- Experience in Cryptography, Encryption and/or Key Management in credit or debit cards
- Exposure to, or familiarity of, standards bodies such as NIST, ANSI, EMVCo and how they are related to the payment industry and keys
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Familiarity with Visa, MasterCard and/or Amex
- Understanding of security concepts such as cryptography, authentication, authorization
- Ability to interface with both technical and business partners
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, self-learner, creative problem solver
- Prior experience in payment key management
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.