At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Business Initiatives Consultant position in the Corporate Risk Chief Operating Office (CRCOO) will establish and support processes which may include records retention, issue management administration, and other reporting and planning activities. Candidates for this role should have proven decision-making skills in a complex risk environment and the ability to make sound decisions quickly to meet what can often be very short deadlines. Candidates for this role should also have demonstrated integrity and the ability to work, and lead, in a changing environment.
Work within this role will support various initiatives and impact areas across Corporate Risk and the Chief Operating Office.
Primary functions include:
- Strategically develop and lead processes to ensure CRCCO compliance
- Build and own process metrics and regular reporting
- Communicate process status, credibly challenge as appropriate, and offer creative solutions
- Interface with staff management and CRCOO and Corporate Risk Leadership
May consider other locations across the Wells Fargo footprint
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 3+ years of change management experience
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to implement a solution and communicate, in clear business terms, the benefits of the proposed risk management approach
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Exposure to Wells Fargo s Shared Risk Platform (SHRP)
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.