At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Community Banking operates one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country, serving customers through approximately 6,000 branches and 13,000 ATMs in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Our group includes Business Strategy and Administration; Customer and Branch Experience; Customer Remediation Office; Distribution Strategy Group; Regional Banking; Regional Services; and Customer Segments, and serves mass market, affluent, and small business customers. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers and providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams.
The Business Initiatives Consultant 3 is an Individual Contributor role that directly reports to a Lead Region President in Regional Banking. The position would be responsible for executing operational activities, representing the business as subject-matter-expert, and leading (or participating in) a variety of initiatives or projects, as directed/assigned by the Lead Region President. Note: dotted line reporting relationship would exist to the BIC3 supporting the RBE.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities includes the following:
- Serves as a resource to execute initiatives with region-wide impact and complexity
- Consult on the approach and direction for key LOB initiatives
- Achieves objectives for Regional Banking LOB through a set of time bound activities that produce quantifiable and qualitative deliverables.
- Works in collaboration with partners, and other stakeholders to provide strategic recommendations to support line of business needs and initiatives
Business Operations Responsibilities
Proactively collaborate with Lead Regional President (LRP) and key partners in the planning and execution of key business operations functions to include facilitation of pre-plans, agenda design, content development, coordination of activities, resources and processes, such as:
- Operations Reviews
- Weekly LRP meetings
- Monthly expanded leadership meetings, webcasts or video conferences
- Market visits
- Town halls
Leadership of Initiatives
Executes a variety of programs and initiatives, providing implementation leadership with cross-functional business partners. Tracks performance of programs and initiatives and ensures plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations, such as:
- Complex work efforts that align with region strategy and objectives, as directed by LRP
- advisory groups
- Branch operating hours initiative
- Growth strategy
- Veterans hiring strategy
- Branch distribution strategy
A Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Communication skills – ability to synthesize information and communicate relevant updates on progress and status of projects and initiatives. Will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability. Additionally, candidate should possess good professional presence and be accustomed to presenting material to senior leadership.
- Influencing skills – a proven ability to effectively communicate in a variety of forums, including both in-person and virtual settings. One who operates in a highly collaborative, results-orientated manner.
- Strategic thinking and simplicity for implementation – thinks strategically about business problems, breaks down problems, presents solutions while evaluating the pros and cons of each option, and negotiates compromises. Identifies business opportunities by delivering thoughtful analysis with strong logical thinking. Thinks in innovative ways about problems and issues and develops/ implements simple solutions to business problems.
- Strong technical skills including advanced Microsoft suite capabilities
Preferred Location: Summit, NJ. But open to other locations in the Northeast Footprint.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Ability to evaluate risks and the impact of decisions on an overall organization
- Ability to think strategically, implement, and deliver business objectives
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage stakeholders and peers
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the proven ability to manage processes, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize effectively
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate to build successful relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders, including senior leaders and partners risk management teams and senior leaders
- Experience leading region-wide initiatives and complex or high risk projects
- Proven ability to synthesize viewpoints from a diverse group of stakeholders
- A transformational leader and able to be a change agent helping others to adopt and implement new strategies within a large, complex matrixed organization
- High level of analytical skills in leveraging data from various sources for framing recommendations that positively impacts the team member experience, customer experience, and the business
- 3+ years knowledge and experience in Community Bank initiatives
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.