At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
The Compliance Business Initiatives (CBI) team provides administrative and operational support for the Compliance organization. This includes activities such as budgeting, staff management, onboarding/off-boarding, third-party risk management, SharePoint administration, business continuity, records management, space planning, information security, and team communications. The CBI team also supports cross-team initiatives within Wells Fargo Compliance.
The Business Initiatives Consultant 3 (BIC3) Deputy position will be responsible for supporting the CBI Manager with the planning, management, and coordination of key team initiatives. This includes working across Compliance teams to gather information to complete top-of-house Compliance risk assessments and information requests, drafting operating procedures for team initiatives and activities, ensuring effective execution of business processes in alignment with enterprise policies and procedures, reviewing team processes for improvements/efficiencies, and providing extra bandwidth support to the team where needed.
The successful candidate will collaborate effectively with subject matter experts and team members to guide the development of deliverables, and design the proper path to meet the required deliverables. He/she will create and deliver presentations on goals, plans, progress, risks, and issues. The BIC3 will own and manage end-to-end processes from ideation to implementation, and develop strategies to evaluate the effectiveness of initiatives and processes. The BIC3 embraces a high level of tact, integrity, confidentiality, assertiveness, and flexibility, in addition to professionalism and resourcefulness.
CBI team members perform in a collaborative team environment. While each team member has specific responsibilities, all team members play a role in the successful performance and execution of initiatives. Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the effective implementation of team Initiatives, which include business continuity planning, SharePoint administration, PC/technology administration, records management, communications/branding, third-party risk management, forecasting/expense management, staff management, physical and access security, and space management
- Helping coordinate and complete risk assessments and self-assurance assessments to identify risks and controls within Wells Fargo Compliance
- Assist with annual Comprehensive Capital Analysis Review (CCAR) stress scenarios and Recovery and Resolution Planning (Living Will) exercises
- Participating in and leading compliance work-streams
- Coordinating responses for data and information requests
- Drafting and communicating team operating procedures
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for improved reporting
- Providing end-user training and guidance on administrative and operational processes
- Documenting and tracking key initiatives along with status reporting
- Identifying process gaps, and designing and implementing improved solutions
- Training stakeholders and managing stakeholder compliance
- Assisting the team with ad-hoc assignments
- Suggesting solutions and best practices for projects, tools, and processes
Preferred locations are San Francisco, CA or Charlotte, NC; however, other Wells Fargo Corporate Risk Hub locations may be considered.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Previous regulatory or compliance experience in financial services
- Experience working in a large, complex enterprise across major business divisions domestically and internationally
- Ability to exercise credible challenge and make tough, informed decisions
- Experience developing and implementing end-user training
- Intermediate knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and 2013
- Experience providing relevant data and preparing reporting and presentations for senior management
- Ability to exercise an inclusive and collaborative approach to problem solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.