At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wholesale Banking, led by Perry Pelos, provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. It has nine major business lines, including: Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and Principal Investments. It also has groups in credit risk, operational risk and compliance, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office supporting its businesses.
The Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk & Controls (WFCRC) team is responsible for the coordination, oversight and ultimate execution of Wholesale Banking’s commitments to key internal and external stakeholders as it relates to the management of financial crimes risk with the Wholesale Bank. In addition to having responsibility for Wholesale Banking’s execution of the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) program, WFCRC is also responsible for the remediation of the OCC BSA/AML Consent Order. This team will partner with line of business (“LOB”), operations, risk and compliance team members, Wholesale Control Executive Office, Enterprise Financial Crimes Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and Testing & Validation to advocate and ensure alignment in scope, purpose, expectations and execution of the Wholesale Financial Crimes Program. The team will achieve this through a focus on strong communication, strategic planning, thoughtful and meaningful tracking/reporting, and timely escalation and change management.
The Control Strategy & Implementation team within WFCRC is seeking a dynamic team player. This organization will help provide expertise and oversight specific to change management, initiative implementation and the control strategy.
The Business Initiatives Consultant will lead coordination and delivery of WFCRC cross-operational initiatives; provide strategic planning and execution oversight, leadership support, and vendor / partner management. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and sustaining relationships between the Control Strategy & Implementation Team and other WFCRC management programs
- Provide strategic level view on process-related activities across the WFCRC organization
- Driving and reporting status and progress on Initiative efforts, including planning and completing deliverables, reporting executive level status, and engaging with stakeholders across the WFCRC footprint
- Overseeing and ensuring program, process and data quality and controls, and proactively implementing enhancements
- Facilitating development of education, communication and other change management activities to evolve program understanding
- Facilitating critical discussions with key stakeholders, documenting key decisions and tracking follow-up actions
- Developing presentation and other informational materials (e.g. executive reporting, pipeline reporting)
- Drive design and implementation of process improvements across WFCRC, through partnership with the WFCRC process engineers and core vertical SMEs, to increase efficiencies in operational processes and reduce risk through a standardized set of approaches to core WFCRC processes
- Lend thought leadership to design, improve, support intake pipeline management routines including resource assignments as well as develop appropriate documentation
- Participate in the design and management of key performance indicators
In general a BIC3 is responsible for leading cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives that are larger in scope and complexity. Examples might include, but are not limited to: finance / operational / executive management review coordination, process improvement and redesign, change management initiatives, ongoing oversight of a leadership / diversity / recognition / Q12 or general program oversight. Provides leadership to other consultants and analysts in the integration/implementation of programs/services/initiatives with cross functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary. Develops metrics and tracks/evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives. Ensures plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations. May manage a small team.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Knowledge of Wholesale Banking processes and operating requirements at a large, complex, and globally-diverse financial institution
- Familiarity with Wells Fargo Wholesale systems of records such as Hogan, WCIS, Cornerstone and Store Vision Platform
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience developing and documenting standards and procedures, and creating executive and committee level presentations
- Demonstrated core competencies in Leadership, Business Acumen in Wholesale Banking and Risk Management, Change Management, Project Management, and Process Improvement
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to frame approach to analyze problems and document recommendations and conclusions
- Ability to successfully work multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to meet deliverables in tight timeframes
- Ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- Synthesizing and presenting recommendations to drive and aid in quick decision-making, implementing solutions, and influencing change
- Demonstrated success leading strategic, complex projects and or programs with multiple business groups and broad geographic reach
- Experience leading cross functional teams to strategize and execute a variety of large scale programs, services and initiatives that are significant in scope, complexity and risk, working collaboratively across multiple stakeholder groups
- Financial Crimes experience (Bank Secrecy Act/Anti Money Laundering/FINRA)
UT-Salt Lake City: 299 S Main St - Salt Lake City, UT
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
TX-El Paso: 221 N Kansas - El Paso, TX
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.