At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Consent Order Program Office (COPO) provides enterprise leadership and coordination of efforts to address requirements of Consent Orders and related enforcements. COPO is principally responsible for overseeing the quality and timely completion of critical deliverables to Bank regulators, development of associated implementation plans and oversight of execution against those plans. To do so, COPO has set up a program structure with active engagement with the accountable Wells Fargo executives and the collaboration and partnership with the work stream leaders.
We are seeking a Business Initiative Manager to play a key role in development of regulatory submissions and associated implementation plans, and oversee their timely execution. The successful candidate will have deep experience interacting at very senior levels in the Company to drive complex, high-priority programs through to completion. The candidate will also be able to adapt to changing priorities as the program of work evolves, sometimes on short notice. This position may manage a team up to 5 people.
Note: 2 positions available, open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprint with a preference for San Francisco.
For the assigned body of work, the Business Initiative Manager will:
- Coordinate the design and development of Wells Fargo’s plans to meet requirements set forth in the Consent Orders, for submission to the regulators.
- Support the work of the outside Independent Consultant to conduct a review of practices in scope.
- Oversee execution of customer remediation according to submitted plans, including appropriate validation.
- Implement the interaction processes between program office, lines of business, functional groups, legal counsel and other stakeholders. Drive execution teams to develop detailed implementation plans to meet committed deliverables and timelines, in alignment with committed milestones and overall program plan requirements.
- Execute project management processes and deliverables, including project tracking, internal reporting, and Board and regulator reporting.
- Implement recordkeeping practices in accordance with COPO protocols.
- Implement communications processes to key stakeholders.
- Implement coordination protocols with other enterprise work streams;
- Work with variety of stakeholders at various levels within Wells Fargo to socialize recommendations, escalate issues and drive decisions needed.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Change management experience
- Process design or improvement experience
- 2+ years of previous experience with enterprise, large scale projects
- 3+ years of working in sales or support within a Wells Fargo line of business
- Must possess a high degree of adaptability and tolerance for ambiguity
- Leadership experience mobilizing a large group of cross functional team members and managing effective interactions with executive level leaders
- Experience developing implementation or strategic business plans
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including MS Project
- Experience working with multi-faceted programs to address regulatory enforcement actions
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.