At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within the Wholesale Banking group of Wells Fargo supporting the Wholesale businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across Wholesale. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The Wholesale Control organization is comprised of a series of risk and control teams including: (1) Business Control teams managing risk and controls for each of the Wholesale businesses; (2) Risk Operations teams managing risk-type programs (e.g. regulatory, financial crimes, operational risk, conduct) and associated controls and operations; (3) Governance & Programs teams managing cross-functional risk and controls (e.g. governance and reporting, issue management and review activities, enterprise risk programs, control assurance, etc.) spanning across risk-type programs and Wholesale businesses; (4) Functional teams supporting business enablement and infrastructure (e.g. strategic planning, process excellence, transformation, analytics, reporting and administration).
The Wholesale Control organization has a new opportunity for a Business Initiatives Senior Manager (BISM) to join the Wholesale Control Strategy & Transformation (CS&T) team, which is responsible for supporting risk strategy and implementation of Wholesale-wide risk initiatives promoting consistency, efficiency, and sustainability of processes to meet regulatory, enterprise, and group risk expectations.
The BISM will report to the head of Wholesale Control Strategy and Transformation (CS&T) Analytics and Reporting leader and will support the development and implementation of the Wholesale Analytics Reporting and Administration Team, as well as significant transformation initiatives. This highly visible role will work in close partnership with the Wholesale Control Analytics Reporting and Admin Control Leader and interface regularly with other senior risk and business leaders to ensure consistent and coordinated delivery of Wholesale Control initiatives across partners and LOBs. The BISM will be responsible for senior-level leadership of cross functional teams to strategize, plan, and execute a variety of risk and control programs, services, and initiatives that are significant in scope, complexity and risk.
Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
- Work in close partnership with the Wholesale CST leaders and provides business management administration for the Control Strategy and Transformation (CST) team.
- Works closely with the Analytics, Reporting and Admin teams, HR, Finance, CS&T leaders, Wholesale Control Leaders, and Enterprise Partners to translate leadership vision into executable strategies and drive implementation efforts to achieve transformational change
- Develop and lead a strategy and transformation team in strategic planning, organizational change management, operational excellence/process management, infrastructure enablement, and risk & control capability development and implementation, including,
- Develop the target state implementation roadmap for the Wholesale Control Strategy and Transformation Team
- Define and document roles, responsibilities, and interaction models within the team and across Wholesale Business and Risk Control teams, Independent Risk Management, and other business and functional groups
- Identify and solution people, process, and tool needs
- Execute on implementation plans; manage subsequent plan oversight, status reporting, and change management
- Create process documentation, communications, and training to encourage sustainable improvements to business processes and the control environment
- Address any issues identified through appropriate corrective action plans and escalation protocols
- Build partnerships through ongoing engagement with business, risk, and functional leaders to ensure alignment with Risk TOS, corporate policies, Wholesale Control strategy/policies, and business line objectives
- Oversee project staff, plans, status, funding, and resource needs
- Provide management reporting on program status, performance, and achievements
- Develop and maintain a high performing team through active performance management, talent management, coaching, recruiting, and hiring. Foster a collaborative, risk-minded, success-oriented, empowered, and accountable team environment.
Minneapolis, MN; Charlotte, NC; other Wells Fargo locations will be considered
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and monitor internal controls
- Demonstrated change management skills leading broad initiatives that included design and implementation of new or significantly revised policies, standards, and procedures or overseeing implementation and execution of policies on a large scale initiative
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a team through a startup phase
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work streams
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.