Job Purpose or Scope: The analyst will analyze and understand the data in our data warehouses to obtain and transform business requirements into functional specifications. The scope ranges from designing and creating the data structures needed to support dashboarding, reporting, and data science and BI projects. The scope include includes dimensional models in data warehouses, columnar store databases, OLAP cubes, Microsoft tabular models, Bigdata Hadoop / distributed filesystem, and other logical and physical organization techniques.
- Analyze and interpret data to support projects and resolve data issues.
- Solve problems by interpreting SQL stored procedures that update our databases, and by analyzing the data in our databases.
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of the FS business and associated data.
- Analyze existing data warehouse designs to identify potential enhancements, performance improvements, and play a critical role in day to day support of First Student BI.
- Work in multi-functional teams as the representative of the Data & Analytics
- Deliver analytical insight to several areas of the FS business to answer critical business questions and anticipate opportunities based on analytical, data and business knowledge.
- Address data integrity issues and work to solve root cause process or systems issues
- Assist with KPI development.
- Use analytical tools and techniques to perform quantitative analysis to see beyond the numbers, identify key insights to address specific business questions, and highlight interesting findings from the analysis
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- B.S. degree in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field.
- A graduate degree in a related field a plus
Experience & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of SQL to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data.
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure SQL data warehouse, ADF, data lake, Power BI and big data is a plus.
- Knowledge of ML techniques is a plus.
- Ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences.Ability to learn on a fast-paced leaning environment and contribute to ongoing/upcoming projects on predictive modeling, IOT, and Machine learning.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed work environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions (include amount of travel): Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone. Travel not to exceed 10%.