You're empowered to do your best! This position is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, publishing and maintaining operational reports for a sales organization in a complex regulatory environment. Use your operational, analytical and communication skills to deliver reporting solutions and recommendations. You must be self-directed and creative as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues. As a key resource to others you must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to always meet deadlines.
- Own the creation, maintenance and updates to key business intelligence applications used by business partners. This includes development of the application data modeling through a combination of SQL and Qlikview/Qliksense scripting and UI design.
- Own the coordination and delivery of intended release milestones for the BI applications you own.
- Work with BA’s and the business to understand and accurately deliver on business needs.
- Work with ETL developers on the team to convey data requirements/concepts.
- Work with Testers to ensure data accuracy and implementation of BI tool standards.
- Contribute innovative ways to visually represent complex data.
- Contribute to team process improvement initiatives.
- Participation in adhoc analysis inquiries and data pulls to assist business partners in addressing their needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 additional years of related experience
- 2+ years SQL query writing experience including the ability to create stored procedures, design views
- 1+ years of experience in report development utilizing Business Intelligence tools (such as QlikView, Micro Strategy, Business Objects, Tableau, or another tool)
- 1+ years of experience in translating business requirements into programming code
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel and Word
- Experience doing business analysis work
- Experience with relational databases, database structures and design
- Experience in Healthcare, Financial Services or Insurance Industry
- Experience in Sales or Regulatory, including working with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software
- Experience with the software development life cycle (i.e. Business Requirements, Technical Documentation, Quality Assurance)
- Familiarity with standard Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) Notation
- Ability to explore various data sources and comprehend how they are linked together and presented in a report; experience dissecting information from existing reports
- Ability to understand pre-existing SQL codes generated by others
- Proven ability and interest in partnering with business groups to solve problems
- Strong communication skills with experience presenting ideas and solutions to business customers
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.