DescriptionThe Business Intelligence Engineer 2 solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in SQL, SAS or other data systems
- 3 - 5 years of technical experience in data analysis/analytics
- 2+ years experience in Healthcare related industry
- Experience with visualization software and dashboards (Tableau/CliKView)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Expertise in assessing complex data sets and performing root cause analysis
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- In-depth experience in Microsoft Excel including formulas, pivots, charts, graphs, etc.
- Experience with data mining and predictive modeling techniques
- Ability to use data to drive business outcomes and decisions
- Location: Forum III, Louisville, KY
- Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. citizenship
- If offered a position with Humana Government Business you would be required to go through the eQIP process to obtain Government Security Clearance to work on government systems. This requires the completion of a 100+ page document on-line, finger printing, background check, credit check and, completion of an employment application and drug test. The financial/credit check portion requires an in depth review of any failure to meet financial obligations within the past 7 years, including but not limited to bankruptcy, debt over 120 days delinquent and/or $15,000 threshold for bad debt (items in collection and charge off).
Scheduled Weekly Hours40