DescriptionThe Business Intelligence Engineer 2 solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of technical experience in data analysis
- Experience with SAS, SQL, R, Python, or related programming language
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Expertise in assessing complex data sets and performing root cause analysis
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- In-depth experience in Microsoft Excel including formulas, pivots, charts, graphs, etc.
- 1-3 years reporting experience with large datasets
- Healthcare, managed care experience
- Proficiency in SAS
- Experience with systems design and development
- Experience with software requirements and testing
- Experience with forecasting and predictive modeling techniques
- Experience with reporting and creating metrics for management
- Experience with pharmacy reporting or the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with data mining and using data to drive business outcomes/ decisions
Scheduled Weekly Hours40