DescriptionThe Business Intelligence Engineer 2 solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- 3-5 years of technical experience in data analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, Access
- In-depth experience in Microsoft Excel including formulas, pivots, charts, graphs, etc.
- Experience with VBA coding
- Expertise in assessing complex data sets and performing root cause analysis
- Ability to use data to drive business outcomes and decisions
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience in SQL, SAS or other data systems
- Experience with data mining and predictive modeling techniques
Please be advised, the role opportunity displayed here is for CarePlus - a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40