We have an opportunity for a Business Intelligence Engineer primarily on the MS SQL Platform with our Optum Operations Workforce Management group. This role has no office location and is open to telecommuters. Use your operational analytical skills to design / develop, program, maintain and publish data solutions. Make solid recommendations based on the analysis and provide explanations for data results for both internal operations and our customers. You must be self - directed and creative as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues. As a key resource to others, you must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to always meet deadlines. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
If you are located in the continental United States (California preferred), you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build and maintain database architectures
- Build and maintain ETL processes to populate DBs - primarily SSIS
- Write stored procedures and ad hoc queries to support client needs
- Architect DB storage solutions for new project data
- Ensure best in class methodology processes are being used
- Establish clean database environment with proper relationship diagrams, data mapping and indexing
- Establish proper security policies for database protection/access
- 3+ years of Microsoft SQL Server experience
- 3+ years of experience performing significant data analysis and database architecture
- 3+ years of experience with SQL programming (stored procedures, functions, and views)
- 3+ years of experience with SSIS Development
- 2+ years of SSAS Experience architecting/building multi-dimensional and tabular cubes
- Experience with database structures and data warehouse design (relational database design, normalization levels, and mart/run optimization
- Experience with Microsoft Office Excel including creating pivots, filtering, sorting, manipulating data
- BA/BS in MIS, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business or a related field
- Presentation layer experience - SSRS, Tableau, Dashboards etc.
- Alteryx skills
- Healthcare experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Intelligence Engineer, telecommute, telecommuter, remote, work from home