DescriptionThe Business Intelligence Manager coordinates with other analytics, IT and business areas across the organization to ensure work is completed with insights from knowledge SMEs. The Manager, Informatics works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
BI Manager leverages its advanced knowledge of data, modeling, optimization, and tools. Applies disciplined analytics to predict behavior and optimize programs and products to maximize revenue growth. Utilizes advanced or predictive modeling to develop, test and validate cases that improve the outcomes and quality of the programs we offer. Contributes to more innovative approaches to financial models as it builds knowledge of the business context in which it operates. Understands and analyzes complex data, articulates to various units within the company at the appropriate level, impacts the business from mathematical concepts which have a potentially sizeable dollar impact on the business. Decisions are typically related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area. Requires cross departmental collaboration, and conducts briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department.
The Pharmacy Analytics Manager:
- Work with multiple operational areas to ensure support is provided as needed
- Improve internal departmental processes to enhance effectiveness
- Work with multiple business partners to identify and resolve issues
- Report activities and progress towards goals and objectives
- Ability to solve complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers
- Utilizes data to create insightful and actionable business information
- Ability to develop and implement databases and statistical dashboards
- Manage and develop the talent on their team, including engagement, well-being, and IDP creation, refining, and execution, with the goal of building and maintaining a high-performing team
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum 3 years of analytics experience, preferably in healthcare
- Demonstrated success working in collaboration with multiple departments and disciplines
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office Access, Excel, Word, SQL Server Management Studio
- Advances programing skills and experience mentoring others on techniques
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience in interpreting and generating insights from the data
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Master’s Degree in Statistics or related field.
- Experience working with data in analytical systems
- Six Sigma Certification
- Experience leading an analytics based team
- Prior healthcare industry experience in a clinical, pharmacy, or related setting
- Demonstrated experience, in a business setting, working with large data sets
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business people and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical resources
- Demonstration of visualization techniques and experience utilizing visualization tools (such as Tableau/Qlikview)
Scheduled Weekly Hours40