Business Manager, Finance
Primary Location: MA-MADedham-990 Washington St
Under the direct supervision of the Business Director, the Business Manager serves as the key business partner to operations management, including providing financial analysis to support business decision making, support growth of the business, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of P & L and maintaining solid financial controls.
- Analyzes financial data and makes recommendations to the business units regarding the financial performance of the business.
- Serve as the finance business partner to the respective units’ operations managers.
- Provides a variety of complex financial data and maintains and updates company financial models and plans.
- Analyzes and prepares analysis of business unit and program financial performance
- Uses professional financial concepts to addresses complex business issues and provide operational leaders with value added insights and practical recommendations.
- Understands the process workflow of varying activities, operational and financial, and looks at ways to drive process improvement
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of financial statements.
- Ensures adherence to financial policies and procedures.
- Prepares and updates budget and forecasts for business units.
- Oversees the preparation of internal and external financial reports, and the year-end audit schedule package, including cost reports required by regulatory agencies, if applicable
- Ensures compliance with internal controls and code of conduct requirements.
- Assists in developing short and long-term plans that are consistent with company’s financial objectives, strategic initiatives and values.
- Works collaboratively with the Shared Service Center around accounts receivable/accounts payable/general ledger to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Indirect oversight in a very distributed and decentralized organization as it relates to accounts payable, accounts receivable and all facets of the finance/accounting close cycle.
- Partner with the centralized Shared Service Center to ensure the business unit’s accounts receivable portfolio and processes are efficient and effective; key partner to SSC team and operations around front end processes that impact cash collection/accounts receivable
- Assists in analysis of acquisitions and new business opportunities, along with performing due diligence
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field, CPA or MBA preferred
- 5-7 years experience in accounting/financial management.
- Strong financial background
- Strong leadership abilities
- Experience with ERP systems, such as Oracle and Hyperion, a plus
- Excellent computer skills, data entry speed and accuracy, and related office equipment
- Project management skills required
- Background in Human Services or Medicaid reimbursement, preferred
- Broad knowledge of desktop computer applications required.