At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively
Treasury Management (TM) is a key part of our Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation team. Treasury Management includes managing and optimizing our customers' cash flow and mitigating its operational, financial, and reputational risk. We focus on creating operating efficiencies, cost savings and time savings for our customers by delivering treasury solutions through a consultative approach.
Wells Fargo Merchant Services (WFMS) is a leader in the electronic payment services industry providing a full range of credit and debit card payment acceptance solutions for merchants of all sizes. Wells Fargo is ranked as the 6th largest U.S. Acquirer and processes over $343 billion in payment volume with 4.6 billion transactions. There are 1150 team members in WFMS located across the Unites States.
Wells Fargo Merchant Services, L.L.C. established a Joint Venture between Wells Fargo and First Data in 1993.
This executive leadership position provides direct leadership to a team within the Merchant Services business who enjoys a Joint Venture with First Data, in a customer experience and marketing role. This highly visible position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer for Merchant Services, with a dotted-line to the PVSI Marketing executive, and collaborate extensively with the leaders of the WFMS Retail and Wholesale segments.
This role will be responsible for the following:
• Drive new emphasis on the Customer Experience from beginning to end.
• Lead to improve our processes looking for greater simplicity for the benefit of the customer and opportunities that reduces any potential risk on behalf of the customer and the business.
• Working directly with the leaders of the Product/Ops/Technology/Implementation and Service departments, this position will have the oversight to take the learnings we obtain from our customers and improve and simplify the experience of our customers.
• Drive the new venture into the digital acquisition process to include the online / mobile application process for new customers; evaluation of existing programs and their benefits in driving our current and new products and services with an desire to employ more self-service capabilities; identifying and handling customer complaints and understanding customer wants; and a major enterprise digital initiative focused on the small business segment currently in development.
• Managing and implementing a robust review of an end to end customer experience beginning prior to our first interaction with our customer through their entire life cycle ideally in the digital space.
• Oversight of our Marketing team which is a key component of the customer experience.
• Transforming/transitioning the Merchant Services Marketing team, transitioning from an internally focused/insulated, LOB marketing team for a joint venture to a highly matrixed, customer-centric payments services company.
• He/she will partner closely with CB and Wholesale Sales leaders
• This leader will have a dotted-line reporting relationship to PVSI Marketing executive.
• This leader will partner closely with merchant services product management, technology, operations and implementation teams as well as key partners and leaders in First Data.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- 8+ years of marketing development experience, business development experience, or a combination of both
- 6+ years of management experience
- 8+ years of customer experience oversight
- Demonstrated experience overseeing an end to end customer experience methodology.
- 8+ year’s management experience leading distributed teams in a large, highly matrixed institution. Demonstrated ability to deliver and enhance a continuous and connected customer experience
- Experience managing customer communications throughout the product life cycle and across the product inventory
- Critical in partnering with small business / working with digital solutions
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver the marketing strategy for businesses of various sizes from small businesses through Corporate/Wholesale level customers; preferred digital marketing experience
- Prefer experience in merchant acquiring and/or card payments; prefer experience working with payment networks (V,MC,D,A) is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated business strategic planning and execution leadership experience ensuring the organization, at all levels, and is aligned with the vision and objectives.
- Prefer experience with SMB (small, medium business); ability to partner with small business segment leaders on a marketing strategy on how merchant fits into other small business strategies
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a straight forward and understandable manner for executives and significant experience preparing and presenting to senior/executive management.
- Proven success achieving objectives requiring a high level of cooperation from people in other parts of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a straight forward and understandable manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Leader who brings new ideas to life with a focus on the customer
- Team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally.
- Strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and promoting talented productive staff.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.