Job ID 35663
Position Location US-FL-South Pasadena
Facility Name Dolphins View, The Health and Rehabilitation Centre at
Job Category Admin - Clerical
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Business Office Manager (BOM), you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of your position is to manage the business office department for a skilled nursing facility in South Pasadena, FL.
As Business Office Manager, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. This position is responsible for managing all functions of the business office, including billing, collections, resident trust, payroll and accounts payable. The BOM position supervises the Business Office staff, including the Receptionist, the Business Office Coordinator, the Assistant BOM (if applicable) and any other staff in the care center business office. This positions works closely with the Regional Directors of Business Office Services and the Central Billing Office. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of the business office, including supervision of the billing, collecting, resident trust accounting, payroll and accounts payable functions.
- Responsible for the supervision, hiring and training of the business office staff.
- Responsible for coordinating and directing the day to day responsibilities of the business office staff.
- Ensures the business office functions are adequately staffed to minimize gaps in coverage.
- Responsible for all aspects of the resident trust accounting system, including security of patient funds.
- Oversee the patient billing system to ensure accuracy of patient account billing information, including coordination with other departments necessary.
- Responsible for all patient related accounts receivable balances including Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance, Private and Other Payers to ensure accurate balances, timely billing and collections.
- Responsible for front end collections of A/R balances due from residents while in-house (meets with residents and responsible parties upon admission and routinely thereafter to follow up on collections).
- Responsible for back end collections of A/R balances due from residents after discharge.
- Manage the Medicaid pending application and conversion process to ensure timely resolution.
- Responsible for month-end closing of billing system in accordance with company policy and timelines.
- Responsible for timely processing of charges, adjustments, refunds, payment posting and write offs.
- Ensures patient bills and collection letters are processed accurately and timely.
- Provide Central Billing Office with additional billing information to clear claim edits and rejections.
- Coordinate responses to various audit requests.
- Ensures payroll records are processed accurately and timely.
- Ensures accounts payable invoices are processed accurately and timely.
- Coordinates and attends meetings as needed.
- Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal of personnel.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect and passion, and incorporate them into one’s daily job function.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) year experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility business office setting with specific billing/collecting and patient trust accounting experience.
- Prior supervisor experience in a business office setting preferred.
- Point Click Care (PCC) billing system experience preferred.
- National Data Care Resident Funds Management System (RFMS) experience preferred.
- Experience using Excel, Power point, and Word.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to top management, public groups and boards of directors.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Proficient personal computer skills to include electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet applications, graphics, etc.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, and visitors.
- Works beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays and on other shifts/positions as necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Communicates with nursing personnel, and other department personnel.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, visitors, etc.
- Is involved with residents, family members, personnel, visitors, government agencies and personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients