You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
- Procure Pharmaceuticals for Briova Regional Specialty pharmacies
- Support all Specialty pharmacies supply chain initiatives
- Advocate on Specialties behalf in all endeavors
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and take appropriate actions
- Analyze system recommendations, reports, and tools for inventory order replenishment
- Achieve individual performance goals in order to meet the Corporate Goal and also meet inventory turnover and inventory dollar objectives
- Analyze supporting forecast, sales and inventory parameters, coordinate with the pharmacies and inventory specialists to direct the transfer of surplus and short dated inventory balances to ensure optimal replenishment of inventory
- Identify forecast issues or develop new forecasts and coordinate with the forecasting team Interact as needed with internal customers. Pharmacies, IR, Program managers, Inventory Analysts, SPOT, Accounting, Logistics, Specialty Leadership and all Specialty touch alliances
- Interact daily with external customers. Suppliers, drug manufacturers, logistic vendors
- Understand the new drug launch, vendor switch and special buy programs to ensure product is ordered and shipped timely to meet service and inventory level goals
- Work individually and as a team, including back-up responsibilities
- Identify, understand and establish drug links as needed in the drug file
- Support Specialty pipeline process which includes tracking targeted drugs, coordinating with IR, and participate in internal committees to review and assess new specialty drugs
- This position interacts with all levels of management and drives project completion through cross functional communication and effective follow through
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in purchasing or buy chain management
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel experience (data mining, data extraction, pivot tables, vlookups)
- Previous pharmaceutical supply chain experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (advanced data mining / extraction, vlookups, formulas and algorithms experience)
- Prior Briova / Optum Rx operations experience
- Specialty pharmacy experience
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.