Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Look in the mirror. You're smart, motivated and ready for something bigger. Why not work at a place that's changing everything we know about prescription benefits? Here at UnitedHealth Group and our growing OptumRX pharmacy network, we're serving more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. In this role, you'll help keep our high volume pharmacy benefits facility running smoothly with emphasis on maintaining inventory and storage of prescription medicines. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Performs preventative maintenance, inspections, and repairs electrical and mechanical equipment, devices and components.
- Troubleshoots, routinely inspect equipment and electro - pneumatic control as necessary on automated equipment.
- Installs new equipment including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and computer systems.
- Mechanical expertise to include, but not limited to precision alignment, tensioning fastener and belts, lubrication, lacing and tracking of belt system.
- Performs data entry to generate work orders for repair, replacement parts, PM program, inventory data and machine history.
- Assists Supervisor, Team Lead and Operators in resolving process problem that affect the quality of the product.
- Must possess a sense of urgency on troubleshooting and repairing equipment for minimal downtime. Communicates to upper management on status of equipment downtime.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedules by thoroughly documenting all issues, repairs, parts used, recommendations etc.
- Act as first responder for all operation needs relating to production and application issues.
- Reduce machine down time, improve throughput and overall performance of machines.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed equipment parts, and supplies, placing and expediting orders using CMMS system.
- Performs machine ownership responsibilities on assigned equipment in an effort to exceed expectation of ensuring equipment is in proper working condition to meet safety, quality and productivity expectation.
- Work in tandem with IT, Engineering as necessary to solve difficult technical issues.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending scheduled educational workshops, reviewing technical publications.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to use / operate power and hand tools.
- Ability to work independently and / or part of a team.
- Any other tasks assigned by management.
- Team player, a positive attitude and be proactive.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and controls.
- AC / DC motors and motor controls.
- Use of test equipment.
- Ability to repair mechanical, electrical, electronic, and computer system is essential.
- Great attention to details.
- Ability to handle multitasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- High School Diploma / GED.
- 5+ years of experience in the repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of an automated manufacturing or distribution line.
- 6+ months' experience in the use of measuring and testing instruments.
- Must be able to troubleshoot electrical/mechanical / pneumatic issues when they occur on the line including, but not limited to, installation, diagnostic, calibration, maintenance/repair of equipment and electronic devices.
- 6+ months' experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (SMMS).
- Electrical: 3 - phase 480 volts circuit, motor starter and controls.
- Mechanical: Align bearing and drive shafts, replace motors and gear boxes, troubleshoot belt drives, and motors.
- Pneumatic: Connect circuit, determine and correct failures of solenoids, cylinders, and switches.
- Sensor: Troubleshoot photo - eyes, proximity switches and other sensing devices.
- Experience with PLC, automation control, electrical, mechanical.
- Ability to work night and weekends as needed.
- Analytical and problem solver.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions,
let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives
decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and
analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about
more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is
great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this,
and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity,
compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key Words: PLC, electrical, mechanical, automation, 3 - phase, 480 volts circuit, motor starter, bearing, drive shaft, gear box, belt drive, solenoid, switches, distribution line, manufacturing line, measuring and testing instruments