Think of this as a triple play. You have Fortune 6 global operations. You have a complex, matrix organization with dozens of interrelated business units. And you have a fast-paced, intense culture where everyone is pushing the envelope. Now, you can step into this challenge and help create new business process solutions that raise the performance of our health care system for years to come. As a Business Process Analyst – Documentation Specialist you'll be in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission. If you’re ready to play in the big leagues, it’s your move.
The Documentation Specialist position has a chief accountability to work with business units inside Benefit Configuration Operations (BCO) assigned to create or maintain documentation to support the BCO department. The Documentation Specialist must have or develop a general working knowledge of the processes inside BCO in relation to the documentation needs.
- Works with Subject Matter Experts, Business Process Owners, and Management to identify the basic aspects of the business process to be documented
- Actively tracks assigned tasks in QDS SwiftKanBan Board
- Schedules and conducts meetings with workgroups assigned to document business processes in the approved format of Visio’s, SOPs, User Guides, Training Material, etc.
- Monitor on-going progress of business processes identifying opportunities to alter or create documentation
- Gathers approvals from the SMEs, BPOs, and Leadership (as needed)
- Presents documents to applicable committees for approval
- Uses the LADRS process or myCoach process to load for storage of documents
- Develops communications as assigned
- Attends meetings in partnership with SMEs (as requested) to provide guidance on the contents of approved, published or documents in progress
- Adheres to Documentation Standards as published and used by the QDS team
- Participates and adheres to the internal processes such as editing and peer review to ensure quality of documents
- Conducts training in partnership with SMEs on Business Process to the user group when applicable
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You won't be any ordinary Business Process Analyst – Documentation Specialist. You’ll be hitting on all cylinders every moment of every day. You will create process design, implement projects, diagnose process improvement opportunities and develop solutions in the quest for better health care. You’ll be expected to quickly adapt to change in a very fluid environment and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to agree on solutions.
- 3+ years of experience / skill creating documentation and utilizing tools such as word, excel, power point and / or Visio
- 1+ years of experience in a health care industry, preferably within a documentation or communications team
- Ability / experience as a contributor in a workgroup to solicit information pertinent to the document production needs (gathering requirements)
- Intermediate computer proficiency (MS Office skills, Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Skills with Microsoft Visio
- Highly effective communication skills both written and oral
- Good thinking and problem solving skills
- Medicaid and / or Medicare experience
- Knowledge of Facets or similar platform
- Deadline oriented and self - motivated
- Demonstrates capability to get results in a complex, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Good relationship management skills
- Experience presenting information or findings to senior leadership
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: business process, business process analyst, documentation specialist, process improvement, documents, documentation, Visio, communications, Facets, Medicaid, document production, UHG, UHC, UnitedHealth, telecommute, telecommuter, work from home