Health care leaders turn to Optum Advisory Services (OAS) for guidance, insights and practical strategies to help assert control over their organization’s future. We are more than just consultants. We are also operators with real-world health care experience, which helps clients hardwire and sustain more meaningful results that would otherwise not be achievable. As integrators across Optum, we deliver unique client-focused strategies and impact. Our proven track record driving success across the entire health care continuum empowers clients to grow, thrive and disrupt.
As a Life & Disability Consultant within OAS, you will be responsible for working with leadership across various internal business lines to manage project plans and milestones for a specific work stream within a large enterprise. In addition you will be responsible for managing the a benefits site redesign for with Rally, UHC and Optum.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for product, service and/or process decisions
- Responsible for leading efforts/teams for delivery of product goals (project management experience)
- Navigate and influence multiple cross-functional teams in a complex, matrixed work environment
- Owns an end to end process
- Identifies technical, operational and organizational problems
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of life and disability experience - successful product development, management, and/or strategic marketing experience developing and/or managing multiple products and services
- Experience with Defining / Support Product Strategy
- Experience in Developing, Implementing and Supporting Business and Product Plans
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively in a highly matrixed environment, across multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrates decisiveness in resolving business problems
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Proven success with driving results through a highly matrixed, often ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to execute; excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Customer-focused; able to work with employers, consumers, consultants, brokers
- Adapt quickly to changes in work direction and ability to pivot work accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, verbal and written
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Life, Disability, benefits, enrollment, consultant, strategy, project management, travel, telecommute, work from home, telecommuting, telecommuter, WFH, remote