At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Enterprise Process Engineering (EPE) team is seeking experienced professionals to join the corporate team and help develop a strong operational excellence culture. The EPE team improves customer experience, lowers our risk, and drives operational efficiencies and effectiveness. This individual will join a strategic team within Wells Fargo that is leading and developing a strong process engineering culture, core competencies, and capabilities rooted in continuous improvement to drive increased value for all stakeholders. We utilize an approach designed to improve business performance in all aspects of our company and applies to all levels of the organization. This position will coordinate and collaborate with other operational and process excellence leaders across the company. This position will work with all of our lines of businesses and corporate staff groups to identify opportunities to simplify and streamline the company.
Specific responsibilities will include (among others):
- Organizes, leads, and facilitates cross-LOB, enterprise-wide process design and re-engineering initiatives that will encompass an end to end analysis and future state redesign that requires specialized knowledge or skill critical to the redesign effort in a matrix leadership environment
- Develop improvement approaches within businesses and across lines of businesses that are holistic, customer focused to understanding business processes and workflow through Wells Fargo and identify and help prioritize new initiatives to drive business strategy, mitigate potential risks and control gaps, financial return, and/or positive customer impact
- Develops root cause analysis and business case for proposed technology, staff and structure changes, including cost estimates
- Establishes standards for measuring performance against process requirements - Including the developing metrics that provide data for process management indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Provide advanced statistical analysis for business leaders, project teams, and managers as required. In addition, provide basic and advanced measurement approaches and mechanisms to ensure we are managing the process and producing the designed results
- May include the direct management of process analysts and consultants
- The sharing of lessons learned and best practices with others throughout the organization when appropriate
Partner & Collaborate
- Provides assistance in the development and advancement of our common enterprise Operational and Process Excellence framework, methods, techniques, tools, training, and language. Including the development of new process improvement techniques and services
- Drives business awareness of our common enterprise operational and process excellence methods, techniques, tools, etc
- Assists the development of our enterprise Operational and Process Excellence Curriculum and Training Materials
- Provides assistance and leadership of our enterprise process improvement professional support services - Including the identification and managing of resources, including cross-entity members, to successfully execute projects
- Provides consultation on the use of reengineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality
- Works with Project Manager(s) and Sponsors to ensure Six Sigma/LEAN activities, deliverables, and tools are integrated in the project plan when appropriate
- Collaborate and partner with other enterprise programs or initiatives to help advance the goals of those efforts while advancing the culture of operational excellence
- Provide thought leadership in the area of process and continuous improvement, operational excellence, continuous improvement
- Role will require moderate domestic business travel
- Provide coaching and mentoring to project teams and LOB management in Six Sigma, LEAN, Continuous Improvement process, tools, and techniques
- May provide informal 1-on-1 training and formal small to large group training facilitation, coaching, & mentoring
- Provide coaching and mentoring for PEA1 and PE1
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: process engineering, military (supply chain, analytics and/or engineering); or LEAN/Six Sigma Black belt and 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: process engineering, military (supply chain, analytics or engineering)
- BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, engineering, or physics
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) software such as iGrafx
- Knowledge and understanding of Statistical Analysis software such as Minitab
- Facilitation skills such as Helix
- Change Management skills such as Prosci/ADKAR
- Knowledge and understanding of Rapid Process Automation software such as Blue Prism
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to manage complex projects in a large enterprise environment
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Experience in current state process modeling, process re-engineering and future state workflow modeling
- Strong understanding of financial controls and risk
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to work effectively with senior management (SVP, EVP’s)
- BPMN knowledge and working experience along with other Business Process Management software and tools such as PEGA, ORACLE, TIBCO, Visio, IGrafx, or Asana
- Strong leadership skills and experience with the ability to coach, manage, lead professionals
- Familiarization with Agile tools like JIRA, CA Rally
- Knowledge and expertise in Tech system projects
- Experience with enterprise capabilities & processes
- Work flow and Robotic Process Automation experience a plus
- WF Enterprise Process Engineering Advanced learning level or LEAN/Six Sigma Black belt must be documented as completed within 1 year of job start date
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC-Charlotte: Min: $93,800 Mid: $134,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $93,800 Mid: $134,000
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.