People say change is hard. We say, “So what?” We’re in the business of making health care more affordable, simpler and easier for people to access. And we need really smart business professionals who can help us. As a Business Process Lead, you’ll design processes, manage projects, and identify process improvement opportunities as you develop innovative solutions that will affect millions. If that sounds energizing to you, join us today.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead denials management process improvement initiatives and project implementation teams
- Create quality reporting, analysis and audits for developing plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement using applicable tools
- Identify denial trending and root causes to assist with the development of end - to - end business process solutions
- Work closely with denial management teams to develop Optum 360 Best Practices using proper change - control protocols
- Perform process assessment based on denial metrics and initiatives
- Partner with subject matter experts, stakeholders, and shared services (Training, Analytics, Compliance, etc.) to secure approvals and adoption of new processes
- Occasional travel may be required to the west coast (25-50%)
While you’re busy helping us change the landscape of health care, you’ve got to be able to quickly adapt to change in a fluid environment. It's all about quality reporting, analysis and audits and developing plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement. You’ll also be challenged to gain buy - in from multiple stakeholders before presenting solutions to senior leadership.
- 5+ years of experience performing process assessments and solution development with the ability to analyze large volumes of data in order to produce useable results
- 3+ years of experience in Healthcare Revenue Cycle
- 2+ years of experience presenting to executive level audiences
- 2+ years of Project Management experience
- Strong proficiency with Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, and MS Project or other project management software
- Ability to telecommute, work independently, and travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration or related field or equivalent work experience
- Six Sigma or Lean Sigma certification, training, or experience
Careers with Optum360. At Optum360, we're on the forefront of health care innovation. With health care costs and compliance pressures increasing every day, our employees are committed to making the financial side more efficient, transferable and sustainable for everyone. We're part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of companies, making us part of a global effort to improve lives through better health care. In other words, it's a great time to be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closer look now and discover why a career here could be the start to doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Process Lead, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Working from Home, Business, Analyst, Process, Project, Excel, Visio, leader, manager, Denials, Telecommute, Revenue Cycle