You love to challenge the status quo. You thrive on exceeding goals, always making things better than you found them. Bring that passion to UnitedHealth Group and join us on a mission to help people live healthier lives. As a Business Project Manager, you'll work alongside a high caliber team as you drive innovation and business forward. You'll roll up your sleeves as you coordinate complete projects, defining performance and results. When you get into the driver's seat of this role, you will show your expertise in determining time frames, allotment of staffing and funding resources and leading others in the organization to make meaningful process improvements. This is no small opportunity.
As a Business Project Manager, you'll shift scope definition, risk identification, methodology and resource allocation to a gear you didn't even know you have. You'll take on tough challenges and create innovative solutions. Along the way, you'll grow and develop at a pace that energizes your career while you do your life's best work.(SM)
- Strategic and tactical management and oversight of key department projects and initiatives, ensuring successful and seamless execution for OptumRx clients
- Launch readiness and resource planning, implementation project planning and post-launch program monitoring for process improvement
- Help facilitate discussions with internal and external cross-functional subject matter experts and oversee all activities to ensure project initiatives are completed on time, and within budget
- Communicate project/program progress and reporting key metrics to department executive leadership and stakeholders
- Lead or help develop program or project scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders (e.g., program/project charter, Statement of ---Work, Business Vision Document)
- Work with resource managers to drive the identification of the skills, duration and effort required for successful project execution
- Collect, analyze and maintain financial forecast information (e.g., labor, hardware, software), using input from applicable sources
- Establish/apply quality objectives, criteria, standards and levels using appropriate quality management methods, with stakeholder input (e.g., key performance indicators, scope definition)
- Develop, communicate and implement program/project risk/issue management plans and strategies (e.g., mitigation, avoidance, transfer, acceptance)
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field and/or equivalent education and work experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years experience in tracking, planning projects, working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to leadership
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities and projects.
- 5+ years project management experience
- 5+ years PBM/health care industry experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Project, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and SharePoint.Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Access, Visio
- Experience with budgeting, cost benefit analysis and resource planning and impact analysis
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Project Manager, SharePoint, Agile, Irvine, CA, California