About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,700 locations, 12,500 ATMs, and the internet (wellsfargo.com), and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. At the end of fourth quarter 2014, Wells Fargo ranked fourth in assets among U.S. banks and was the world’s most valuable bank by market capitalization. In 2014, Wells Fargo was named “Most Respected Bank” by Barron’s magazine, “Most Admired” among the world’s largest banks by Fortune magazine, and “Best U.S. Bank” by The Banker magazine. The Chronicle of Philanthropy ranked Wells Fargo’s corporate cash giving in the top two among all U.S. companies each of the past two years. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially.
- First bank to offer online banking, online bill pay and provide secure credit card transactions on the internet
- “My Spending Report” was the industry’s first all-in-one personal spending snapshot available online
- First financial services company in the U.S. to offer mobile banking to consumers, small businesses, commercial, corporate and institutional customers
- #1 in Keynote’s Banking Performance Index for Overall Mobile Banking Offering and Online Banking
- One of Bank Innovation’s 12 Coolest Brands in Banking
- Top usage of debit/prepaid cards from U.S. issuer, The Nilson Report
- One of only two banks to receive A- Rating in Corporate Insight Credit Card Monitor
- EY Top Treasury Management Provider Among All Reported Revenue
- NACHA Largest Originator of ACH Payments
Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation (PVSI)
In Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation (PVSI), we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The PVSI team includes Consumer Credit Solutions, Deposit Products Group, Innovation, Operations, Treasury Management and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Wells Fargo Enterprise Innovation Group, established in 2015, is a new companywide organization devoted to accelerating the company’s delivery of next-generation customer-inspired technologies, products, and services. Serving as a catalyst for transformational change across Wells Fargo, the Innovation Group thinks outside of the box to drive long-term value to our customers. The Innovation Group partners with the Bank’s businesses and customer channels to focus on creating the products, services, and technologies that will allow Wells Fargo to stay competitive and allow our customers to do their banking when, where, and how they would like.
The Strategic Business Relationship Management team within the Innovation Group (IG) partners directly with the Line of Businesses (LOBs) to innovate customer experiences, business models and team member experiences. The Strategic Business Relationship Management team is responsible for partnering with LOBs to anticipate organizational needs, develop innovation priorities and road maps in alignment with the LOB’s strategies, and working with the broader Innovation Group to introduce new innovations and technology capabilities to the LOBs.
This Leader will be a member of the IG leadership team, reporting to the Head of Innovation with responsibility for managing a team of Relationship Managers (RMs).
- Provide leadership to a team of RMs who serve as the primary point of contact to assigned LOBs. Ensure the team is engaged in strategic planning and business ideation/innovation
- Manage LOB driven program/project intake prioritization across the enterprise for the IG
- Build and maintain LOB engagement with the broader IG, bring the best of the IG team, processes and capabilities to the LOBs
- Propose and initiate innovation solutions with senior LOB management teams
- Consistently apply a customer-centric lens to all proposed innovation products and solutions
- Manage the Innovation Solutions Lifecycle process for LOB/IG initiatives
- Present domain knowledge on external trends and developments related to the LOB’s business
- Responsible for risk management and managing the Responsible Innovation Lifecycle process for projects
- Quantify and report impact and engagement with LOBs quarterly
- Partner with key stakeholders to build and develop new business models
- Communicate broader IG priorities and efforts to LOBs
- Ensure that each Strategic Business Relationship Management team RMs are building quality relationships and engaging with their assigned LOBs to:
- Understand current priorities, business drivers and success metrics
- Support major initiatives to achieve the LOB’s strategic goals
- Represent the broad spectrum of IG capabilities to LOB
- Lead the setting of IG prioritization efforts within LOB. Provide leadership to the Innovations Solutions team members by defining performance objectives, providing on-going coaching and feedback, and investing in regular development and training
- Perform competitive research supporting IG work for LOB partners (including FinTech & IP trends that may impact future LOB business)
- Oversee ideation through development of Proof of Concepts to pilot processes
- Partner effectively with various stake holders such as risk management, legal, internal audit and technology to collaborate on business needs
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 8+ years of management experience in a planning environment
- A customer-oriented executive, passionate about improving the financial well-being of customers
- 15+ year track-record of successfully planning, leading and delivering complex/large scale initiatives in strategy, FinTech or digital roles
- An infectious passion for digital experiences. Ability to bring that passion, creativity, and optimism every day
- Ability to effectively evangelize new technologies internally; strong conceptual ability in how to create a value proposition for partners and internal teams to drive solutions
- Familiarity with, and a passion for, keeping current with the latest advances and innovations in digital, technology and financial services
- Analytical and a data driven decision-making mindset
- Proven track record building credibility and strong working relationships with partners based on experience, knowledge, and presence
- Experience with stakeholder management, preferably in a large, matrixed organization
- A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining top talent
- High degree of comfort in ambiguous situations. Have worked with or in innovation programs previously
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; must be able to effectively communicate and broker agreements amongst diverse, differing, competing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities
- Work style is enthusiastic, driven and results oriented
- Previous experience working with Agile teams a plus
- Strategic consulting, private equity or venture capital experience a plus
- MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Open to other major cities within the WF footprint
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.