At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Our Mortgage team supports the nation's leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
The Business Support Consultant 1 consults with management and business partners on matters of significance regarding strategic approaches, effectiveness of support function, and business performance improvement opportunities for the applicable business functions. Such consultation includes discussion of alternatives and implications. Presents to mid-level managers on business performance and recommends strategies to implement changes and improvements. Utilizes thorough knowledge of the business unit's functional area or products to support strategic initiatives for the business. May provide work direction to lower level staff. Leads diverse support functions and/or operations/production oversight usually for multiple departments within a business group. Functions supported may include: policy/procedure administration and adherence, systems/change initiatives, business continuity planning (example: annual certification and associated problem resolution), legal and regulatory adherence, SLA negotiation/development, reporting and analysis, project funding, pipeline, process improvement, quality management, MBO development, communications, financial control/budgeting oversight (example: monitoring business expenses) and/or team member processing (example: planning focal review).Required Qualifications
- 3+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience determining the root cause of identified issues
- Mortgage operations experience
- Mortgage assumptions program experience
- Experience with root cause analysis and corrective action planning
- Experience crafting recommendations and implementing solutions
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.