At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
The Legal Department’s Operations, RRP & CCAR Division | Operations, Projects & Support Section provides support to the Legal Department on critical initiatives, technology, and process work. This position will provide support for projects and initiatives, requiring collaboration across Divisions to support the Legal Department’s business strategies and technology roadmap. The ability to manage concurrent and competing deadlines, quickly assess issues and identify mitigations or resolutions to present to management are essential to successfully fulfill the responsibilities of this opportunity.
The Business Support Consultant will:
- Consult with management and business partners on matters of significance regarding strategic approaches, effectiveness of support function, and business performance improvement opportunities for the applicable business functions.
- Present to senior leaders on business performance and recommends strategies to implement changes and improvements.
- Utilize thorough knowledge of the business unit's functional area or products to support strategic initiatives for the business.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all partners at various levels across the Department
- Support policy/procedure administration and adherence, systems/change initiatives, business continuity planning, legal and regulatory adherence, SLA negotiation/development, reporting and analysis, project funding, pipeline, process improvement, and quality management.
- 4+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience working in corporate legal financial services
- Knowledge and understanding of legal terms and processes
- Knowledge of legal matter management systems
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.