At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
This role is in support of a multi-year project called Next Paradigm which his sponsored by WIM. Trust Services Group is a part of the Retirement organization and supports all of the Trust Community back-office operations that are housed on SEI’s Trust 3000 accounting platform. This role is directly supporting the development of multiple functions that are new to Trust Services Group as a result of the conversion to a new platform.
The individual in this role will participate in the assessment and analysis of new functions to prepare a recommendation for a strategic approach and future support model to support these functions within Trust Services Group. They will be expected to consult with management and business partners on the future support model and get buy-in from stakeholders. The new functions include, but are not limited to, the Global Data Repository (GDR), Custody Account & Nostro Setup & Maintenance, and Activity and Exception Management.
This person will be expected to learn how the new functions work in the new SWP system. Once that has been determined, this person will be expected to work with peers to outline the future needs for resources and skillsets of the team members that will be performing these tasks in the future, as well as develop strategic recommendations in a variety of operational areas.
This role will require effective leadership and strategic direction in an ever-changing environment, foster team member engagement and development while continuing to support a culture of continuous operational improvement and risk management.
This collaborative leader must be capable of thought leadership, developing and enhancing strategic plans and solutions, and leading change. The role requires a leader who can utilize through knowledge of the business unit’s functional area to support strategic initiatives for the business.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in researching and defining very complex operational functions
- Provide recommendations on interim and future state for newly defined functions (outlines needs for resources, skillsets of the teams performing these tasks in the future)
- Meet with individuals (Trust Services Group/SEI/LOB) to understand overall support needs for each function
- Create and support policy/procedure creation and administration
- Provide recommendations for appropriate SLAs, reporting metrics and technology needs
- Presents to senior leaders on business performance and recommends strategies to implement changes and improvements
- Responsible for recommending short and long term solutions to address the root cause of risk associated with current and future business processes.
- Applies knowledge of industry trends to influence organizational change
- Responsible for understanding and articulating the new SWP functions and future support model
- 4+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to research, compile, and perform complex analysis on critical operational data
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience communicating and presenting complex information to multiple levels of the organization
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Custody and Safekeeping or Operations analysis background
- Ability to independently develop strategic recommendations on operational data
- Ability to drive and lead large scale initiatives crossing multiple departments or lines of business
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.