At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
The Legal Department’s Operations, RRP & CCAR Division | Operations, Projects & Support Section provides support to the Legal Department on critical initiatives, technology, and process work. This position will lead a team that provides support for projects and initiatives, requiring collaboration across Divisions to support the Legal Department’s business strategies and technology roadmap. The ability to manage concurrent and competing deadlines, quickly assess issues and identify mitigations or resolutions to present to management are essential to successfully fulfill the responsibilities of this opportunity.
The Business Support Manager will:
- Provide direction and coaching to a team of individual contributors who work independently to provide critical operational support and oversight.
- Lead diverse support functions which may include: policy/procedure administration and adherence, systems/change initiatives, business continuity planning, legal and regulatory adherence, SLA negotiation/development, reporting and analysis, project funding, pipeline, process improvement, quality management, MBO development, communications, financial control/budgeting oversight (example: monitoring business expenses) and/or team member processing (example: planning focal review).
- Lead a team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Work closely with business stakeholders across the Legal Department.
- Support and drive strategic initiatives for the business.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support management, project management, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to provide leadership by coaching, training, and mentoring
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience working in corporate legal financial services
- Knowledge and understanding of legal terms and processes
- Ability to influence key partners to accomplish desired results
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.