At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
This position is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS).
Wells Fargo Document Custody is responsible for review, certification, safekeeping and release of RMBS, CMBS and ABS collateral files. The Centralized Services team supports the Operation on all regulatory and compliance requirements, internal controls, policies and procedures along with risk review and line of business projects.
Lead the Centralized Services Team directly and through subordinate managers, as we provide support for the multiple lines of business within Wells Fargo Document Custody (WFDC). Specific accountabilities will include:
- Responsible for strategic direction and implementation of projects that will meet WFDC, CTS, Wholesale and Enterprise strategic goals. Work closely with business owners to ensure there is strategic support for their unique business needs.
- Direct team members that are responsible for business initiatives and projects from ideation through implementation together with oversight and compliance. Projects and initiatives could be operational, contractual or strategic in nature. Assure projects and initiatives are prioritized by the business as well as align with strategic goals.
- Act as business owner for technology applications and vendor applications that support the lines of business. Oversee relationship between business and EIT. Provide vision and approval for tools/vendors that support the overall business and user experience.
- Responsible to provide direction to assure team is compliant with CTS, Wholesale and Enterprise policies and procedures. Support development and oversight of the WFDC Quality Assurance program to provide a second line of defense associated with risk. Provide support for internal and external audits.
- Responsible for oversight of WFDC relationship with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae. Assure compliance with their guidelines as well as driving for change that is beneficial for document custodians. Play a leadership role in the MBA Document Custody Workgroup that provides insight and direction to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae on behalf of the industry.
- Champion a continuous improvement agenda in order to analyze, re-design and implement business processes to achieve desired efficiency and effectiveness goals. Research current trends in the industry and leading technology that support or drive continuous improvement. This includes cross functional business collaboration and change management oversight.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 1+ year of management experience
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support management, project management, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- Ability to think strategically, implement, and deliver business objectives
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of document custody
- Knowledge and understanding of emBTRUST
- Basic Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Change leadership experience
• Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills
• Exposure to mortgage servicing functions
• Exposure to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae delivery and document custodial requirements
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.